AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Adding formulas in else/if statement

Question asked by VRFuser on Apr 9, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>RE: vrf Adding formulas in else/if statement</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>The suggestion to try below worked in my application.  Thanks to all who helped.  My question is, where do you find information or help on passing formulas and text in if/then/else statements and other statements as well.  I would have never known you could pass text in the if/then/else box if it hadn't been for an example of someone's code I saw on the reflector.  I looked through the VEE books  that came with the software and also looked in help inside VEE 6.0.   I can find nothing about passing parameters and variables inside if/else/then.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ross</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: adam_kohler@agilent.com [<A HREF="mailto:adam_kohler@agilent.com">mailto:adam_kohler@agilent.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 8:14 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com; vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: vrf Adding formulas in else/if statement</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi Ross,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>In your program your need to change the If/Then/Else to (A==-1)*("ERROR</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>"+asText(a)).  Now it should work as you want.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Adam Kohler</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>BEST PGU</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Agilent Technologies</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Station Road</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>South Queensferry</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>West Lothian</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>EH30 9TG</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Scotland</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Tel:     +44 131 335 7680</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Telnet : 313 5680</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>email  adam_kohler@agilent.com </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Ross Bledsoe [<A HREF="mailto:RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com">mailto:RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday 08 April 2002 14:08</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf Adding formulas in else/if statement</FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Good Morning, </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I want to add a as text(x) formula to my else if statement and was wondering</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>if I can do it ? I want to be able to see what the variable "a" is in my</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>datalogging routine and dont want to add another formula to do this.  The</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>way the program is evaluated now even if "a" is false it pings the "then"</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>output of my "else if".  I only want to see this variable if it is true</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ross </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>||flow.vee>> </FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes