AnsweredAssumed Answered

AW: vrf Get field from formatted file

Question asked by bernhardt on Jul 16, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>Execute Program (PC) "Wait for prog exit" </TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">Hello,</FONT></P><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">I wrote a VEE.vxe program that has a file selection box that allows the operator to select and run other VEE.vxe programs. The file selection program is continually running, so when the selected program is done the operator can then select another program. In the file selection program, I use the Execute Program (PC) to run the selected programs. If I have the Execute Program (PC) property "Wait for prog exit" set to "Yes", the operator selected program eats up all the system resources as it is running. The individual programs all run fine on their own.</FONT></P><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">Each of the selected programs create a file that is read by the file selection program, so I have to wait for the selected program to finish before I read in the file. I had to work around this, "eating up system resource problem", by setting the Execute Program (PC) property "Wait for prog exit" set to "NO", and then adding a delay and a message box to pause the file selection program to allow time for the selected program to finish.</FONT></P><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">It's running on a Vee 6.0.1 Pentium II 128Mb Ram with Windows98 system. </FONT></P><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">I'm curious about what is happening to the system resources when the  Execute Program (PC) property "Wait for prog exit" is set to "Yes" </FONT></P><P><FONT FACE="Times New Roman">Thanks,</FONT></P><P><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Ed Shaw </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">ATE Design Engineer </FONT></P><P><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Comtech EFData Corporation </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">2114 West Seventh Street </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Tempe, Arizona 85281 </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Tel. 480-333-2107 </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Fax 480-333-2161 </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">eshaw@comtechefdata.com </FONT><BR><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"><A HREF="http://www.comtechefdata.com" TARGET="_blank">http://www.comtechefdata.com</A></FONT></P><BR><BR></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes