AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Licensing of VEE - Ignore if you don't like the MA

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 6, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>RE: RE[2]: vrf Licensing of VEE - Ignore if you don't like the MA C address security gossip </TITLE></HEAD><BODY><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Jeff Davis wrote:</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>> I GOT AN IDEA!!!! Instead of spending time and effort on this sort of</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> bollocks, how about designing some NEW FEATURES and NEW FUNCTIONALITY into</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> your product?? That would certainly ensure that the current user base would</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> PAY for upgrades and licenses (like a huge majority of them surely do) for</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> multiple copies of Development versions.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Jeff is absolutely correct on this (no he does not have frostbite of the brain</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>from snowmobiling ) . Like I said before, there isn't a compelling reason to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>upgrade.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>What happens if Agilent doesn't sell a lot of copies of the upgrade? This</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>coupled with the really weak promotion of VEE to prospective customers Agilent</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>might then say, oh, I guess nobody wants VEE anymore lets drop it.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>- Pat</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Patrick Barney</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sr. Test Engineer</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Boats & Outboard Engines Division</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Bombardier Recreational Products</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>329 Hallberg Street</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Delavan, WI 53115 USA</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Phone: 262-740-5048</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Fax: 262-740-5035</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>pat.barney@recreation.bombardier.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes