AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Get a list of available functions/check if a functi

Question asked by reiner.schlieker on Jul 10, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=US-ASCII"><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=019592219-10072003>Yes,the error pin is the way to check whether your function exists, but you have tocall it to find out (and it will execute it if it does, ofcourse).</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPANclass=019592219-10072003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPANclass=019592219-10072003>Reiner</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPANclass=019592219-10072003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Michael Ruff  [mailto:mruff@hotmail.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, July 10, 2003 3:04  PM<BR><B>To:</B> VEE vrf<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Re: Get a list of available  functions/check if a function exists.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV>  <DIV>  <P><BR><BR></P>  <DIV>  <DIV></DIV>  <P>Andrew,</P></DIV>  <P>Hi, I am another one of the new guys, but I do have one idea for your  problem. I have attached a file that I just created that has 2 functions with  it and the Main calls both and then calls one that does not exist.  If  you add an error pin on the call a message will generate with the status of  the a problem in the function if there is a problem like the function does not  exist in the first place.  Something like this might be able to be used  in a setup routine to check status with some IF statememts comparing to the  flag 517 (I think). The Only problem with my ides is that I don't know if  this can be used with functions that have some guts to them.  If the  function does exist, it might try make something happen that you do  not want.</P></DIV>  <P>anyway, the error pin is my attempt to a solution</P>  <DIV></DIV>  <P>good luck</P>  <DIV></DIV><BR><BR><BR>------------------------------------------------  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>Michael Ruff  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>Project Engineer Mgr.  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>Challenge Environmental Systems  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>700 Research Ctr. Blvd.  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>Fayetteville AR 72701  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>(479)575-2136  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>------------------------------------------------  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV>  <DIV></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all>  <HR>  The new <A href="http://g.msn.com/8HMRENUS/2737??PS=">MSN 8:</A> smart spam  protection and 2 months FREE* </BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes