AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Socket Buffer Size

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 10, 2003
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2003 by VRFuser
Hello all,

Wondering if anyone can help me out with a To/From socket problem I'm having. I am using the socket to communicate between two VEE programs, each running on different NT4 machines. One program generates data and passes it to the other. Because the data retrieval program may go away for a while, the FIFO like nature of the socket helps keep from loosing data. The problem I'm having is that this buffer is a little too small. Best I can measure is about 264 Kbytes. If I push this much data into the socket without reading it, the data generator "to socket" will hang until enough data is read out the other end to allow more data in.

Any ideas on how to increase this socket buffer space ? I know I can build an external buffer, however, I would rather find a way to just increase the socket buffer itself. I would like to be able to buffer up a couple of Mbytes. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

MGA

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

Outcomes