AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Qn. re. HP-Vee-5.0 : Porting HP-Vee program

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 23, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4611.1300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=867440622-23082001>Hello Everyone:</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=867440622-23082001>    I'm trying to do something similar to Bala. I've been reading up on Callable VEE, in the HP VEE Advanced Programming Techniques, and have had no success with the callVEE example.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=867440622-23082001>    Has anyone else got this to work? Or has a different example. I have others wanting to call VEE functions with VC++/VB. I have version 5.01</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=867440622-23082001>Thanks in advance.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=867440622-23082001><P><B><FONT face=Arial size=2>Rick Page </FONT></B><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Test/Software Engineer</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Futaba Corp of America</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>1605 Penny Lane</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Schaumburg, IL 60187</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Tel: (847) 884-1444 x162</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Fax:(847) 884-4988</FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> </FONT><BR><U><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>www.futaba.com</FONT></U> </P></SPAN></FONT></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Bala Adimurthy   [mailto:abala@qualcomm.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:09   PM<BR><B>To:</B> Stan Bischof<BR><B>Cc:</B>   vrf@lvld.agilent.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re: vrf Qn. re. HP-Vee-5.0 : Porting   HP-Vee program<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE cite type="cite">> This will facilitate other teams to re-use     code developed by me using <BR>> HP-Vee-5.0.  (They can re-use it in     their platform and enhance it if needed).<BR><BR>Since VEE 5 runtime is free     perhaps the best bet is for these other<BR><B>developers to <FONT     color=#ff0000>use </FONT>or <FONT color=#0000ff>call </FONT>your code as     needed. </B>Simply save as 'runtime" code.<BR>remember that you need VEE     license to do _development_ but not just<BR> to run the   code.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Stan, Thanks a lot for your response. Please correct me   if I am wrong. <BR>Your idea was to save the program in 'run time code' (like   an .exe). The other team can use HP-Vee RunTime version to just run this 'run   time code'. Am I correct ?<BR><BR>If so, this explains your argument above (in   red color) to <FONT color=#ff0000><B>use </B></FONT>my code. (almost like an   .exe).<BR>But, I am not able to understand what you meant above (in blue   color) by saying <FONT color=#0000ff><B>call </B></FONT>my code. Because when   I give my run-time code another user can only execute it right, how can he   <FONT color=#0000ff><B>call </B></FONT>my (run-time) code in his new program   ?<BR><BR>  <BLOCKQUOTE cite type="cite">If you upgrade to VEE 6 then your VEE functions     can be called directly via the<BR>ActiveX interface. This makes re-use quite     simple.</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Please correct me again,<BR>Your argument is that :   With VEE6 some one can get my code and call the functions from C++ (MS-VC++)   program. Am I correct ?<BR><BR>Also,<BR>I guess the FAQ mentioned that Vee-5.0   also supports ActiveX interface. Can you please clarify.<BR><BR>How much is   the upgrade fee from 5.0 to 6.0 ?<BR><BR>Can I create a .dll or a COM   server/component from a HPVee program ?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Bala<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes