AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf HELP !!!! HELP!! Win2k Conversion

Question asked by VRFuser on Apr 6, 2003
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Thanks for this Shawn,<BR><BR>Brilliant - I would never have found this in a million years without your help.<BR><BR>Ashley.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Subj:   <BR><BR><B><BR></B>    <BR>Date:   4/4/2003 3:01:02 PM GMT Daylight Time   <BR>From:   <A HREF="mailto:shawn@testech-ltd.com">shawn@testech-ltd.com</A>   <BR>To: <A HREF="mailto:vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com">vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</A> <BR><I>Sent from the Internet (Details)</I>    <BR>    <BR><BR><BR>Brian...<BR><BR>> Loaddrv gives you the options<BR>> 'Install', 'Start', 'Stop' and<BR>> 'Remove'. Once installed, it<BR>> stays there, but you must start<BR>> it every time you fire up the PC<BR>> to run VEE.<BR><BR>Yes, manual starting is a hassle. NT used to have a UI to change start type<BR>via Devices in Control Panel. Windows 2000 got rid of that, so now there's<BR>no easy way to change the start type of virtual devices. You can do this<BR>manually by going to the registry key:<BR><BR>HKLMSYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesgiveio<BR><BR>Change the value labeled "Start" from 3 (a control value named<BR>SERVICE_DEMAND_START - the Service Control Manager must be prompted to start<BR>the service, i.e. the Start button on loaddrv) to 2 (SERVICE_AUTO_START -<BR>the SCM starts the service when Windows starts).<BR><BR>Just for curiosity, notice the value named "ErrorControl". This value can be<BR>safely changed to 0 with only a slight change in behavior: if the service<BR>fails to start, it's failure will be logged only. If this value is 1, the<BR>failure is logged and you get one of those pesky failure notifications.<BR>-SHAWN-<BR><BR></FONT>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</html>  

Outcomes