AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Event Driven Programming with VEE.

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 29, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2713.1100" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=444460520-29082003>I use events to read analog inputs from an acquisition card (Keithley KPCI-3108).  I use ActiveX to setup the card and a event handler function to transfer the data into the desired variables.  I am not shure this is what you are looking for, but it could be good enought to help you.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=444460520-29082003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=444460520-29082003>First, you need to create an ActiveX control (see the Device menu).  From that control object, you right-click on the title bar to create an Event handler, then you select the event to handle.  This will create a function that will be called when the selected event happens.  In this function, you put what you need to complete the event with the rest of the program (for example, you can interface with applicable hardware, then set a flag before leaving the function to tell your main loop that it's ready).  This event handler function is not called by the VEE program, but by the driver associated with your equipment.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=444460520-29082003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=444460520-29082003>Hope this helps...</SPAN></FONT></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=2>-----Message   d'origine-----<BR><B>De:</B> Zafer SAVAS   [mailto:zsavas@mst.aselsan.com.tr]<BR><B>Date:</B> 29 aot 2003   05:04<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Is there anybody who tried to make event driven   programs in vee?<BR>What i am trying to have is a vee program which makes a   continuous measurement (such as an spectrum analyzer sweep action), but the   execution control of the program (stop,warnings etc.) will be provided by the   command strings which are sent to platform of the program over TCP socket, (I   have the ActiveX UDP version but still not satisfied with it.)<BR></DIV></FONT>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I dont wanna use "To/From socket" object and dont   wanna spent so much time for checking it. <BR>My program will surely be event   driven such that events on DATA ARRIVALS to socket will direct the execution   flow.<BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I know, it is possible but i couldnt be able to   stop the execution with the event driven functions in my program however i   succeded pop-up warnings.Somebody may say: "set a varible and check it in the   main loop", i tried it, it is OK but still dont wanna spent extra time   for variable checking.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Your comments are welcome!!!</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes