AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf GPIB Plotting

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 24, 2006
Don,

Unless you need the plots to be imported into your software for other purposes, Agilent INTUILINK can offer a very easy solution for importing screen shots into word and excel with little or no difficulty.  I’m not sure what vintage equipment your referring to but INTUILINK offers screen capture solutions for an array of test equipment.

-Doug

_____  

Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 5:30 PM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] GPIB Plotting

I am just starting to explore the features of VEE (v7.5) to extend the usefulness of some older ventage test equipment. One of the many uses of the GPIB buss on some of the older instruments was to output to a plotter or printer.

Once VEE is configured to communicate with the instrument through the GPIB bus, is there a way to have VEE respond as a printer or plotter and either store the data or send it to an HP-GL capable printer. I can envision this function being like a listen-only mode that emulates a plotter and would not require instrument specific programming.

Thanks…

Don

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: doug.parrish@comtechpst.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes