AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Fw: IVI-COM driver

Question asked by k.alexander on Jul 31, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><?xml  version="1.0" ?><HTML><HEAD><TITLE></TITLE><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1170" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Hi Christian,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Thanks for interest in my problem.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">1394 are the SOCKET number of the LAN instrument.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I can communicate if a use to/from socket, but i'am not sure that using to/from socket are the long lasting solution.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">TCPIP::192.168.0.2::1394::SOCKET are as I understand what you need to communicate ( LABVIEW 4.1 finds it OK )</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">VEE are what I want to use, so I still look for the way to establish communication with this LAN instrument.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Kjeld</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=christian.wienhold@biotronik.de href="mailto:christian.wienhold@biotronik.de">Christian Wienhold</A> </DIV><DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=k.alexander@get2net.dk href="mailto:k.alexander@get2net.dk">Kjeld Alexander</A> </DIV><DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, August 01, 2003 12:01 PM</DIV><DIV><B>Subject:</B> RE: IVI-COM driver</DIV></DIV><DIV><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Hi Kjeld,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">there are some informations in Agilents I/O Lib Configuration Guide for Windows. Page 147</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Setup the interface TCPIP0 in Agilents  I/O config</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">You can press EditVISAConfig to setup the instrument.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">The documentation refers to 2 kinds of LAN instruments</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">- GPIB emulation ( LAN Gateway or PC with LANServer started )</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">- LAN instrument ( instrument with NIC )</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Your example string shows a 1394 Firewire interface which means you have to use some kind of VXI emulation ( don't know if it's possible ) which would require to specify the logical address of the device too i.e. TCPIP::192.168.0.2::1394,232::SOCKET</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I don't know why there's the SOCKET string ( maybe IVI stuff ). Normally the string ends with INSTR and the interface should have number i.e.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">TCPIP0::192.168.0.2::1394,232::INSTR</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">I havent't found a way to setup a VXI PnP driver with a TCPIP0 string in VEE's instrument manager.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Attached is a VISA dll example I wrote some years ago. Maybe you will modify it to try to open a session to your instrument using a DLL. With an open driver source you could test something.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">To compile setup the paths</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">C:PROGRAM FILESVISAWINNTINCLUDE (include path)</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">C:PROGRAM FILESVISAWINNTLIBMSC (library path)</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Best regards</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Christian</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt"></SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">BIOTRONIK GmbH & Co.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">EIT-1/CW</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">D 12359 Berlin - Neukoelln</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">Tel.: +49 30 689 05 - 301</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">--------------------------------------</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">christian.wienhold@biotronik.de</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><FONT face=Arial><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt">--------------------------------------</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV align=left><BR></DIV><DIV align=left></DIV><P><HR><P></P>The following section of this message contains a file attachment<BR>prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.<BR>If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,<BR>you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.<BR>If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.<BR><BR>   ---- File information -----------<BR>     File:  FindInstr.zip<BR>     Date:  20 Apr 2000, 10:39<BR>     Size:  47708 bytes.<BR>     Type:  ZIP-archive<BR><P><HR><P></P>status = viOpen(defaultRM,"VXI0::1::INSTR",VI_NULL,VI_NULL,&Vxi16);<BR><BR>status = viOpen(defaultRM,"VXI0::0::INSTR",VI_NULL,VI_NULL,&Vxi16); <BR><BR>status = viOpen(defaultRM,"GPIB0::9::0::INSTR",VI_NULL,VI_NULL,&ComMod);<BR><BR>ViSession defaultRM,CTPM,ComMod,Vxi16;---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes