AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf WIN 2k& VEE5

Question asked by carnahal on Dec 3, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4912.300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=828533315-04122002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>WhatAgilent is saying is that not that VEE 5.x will not run on Win2K, but that theydon't support it. If you have problems with a program on VEE 5.01 and Win2K,they haven't qualified it or ran it through the entire QAprocess.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=828533315-04122002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ffsize=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=828533315-04122002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>We run5.01 on Win2K with the J/K/L libraries (also NI cards) and have had no problemwith VEE or I/O.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV> </DIV><BR><BR><P><FONT size=2>Lyle Carnahan<BR>Aerospace and Defense BusinessUnit<BR>M/A-COM  Inc.<BR>1011 Pawtucket Boulevard<BR>Lowell, MA 01853-3295<BR><BR>Phone: (978) 442-4504<BR>Fax:   (978)442-4520<BR>carnahal@tycoelectronics.com<BR><BR></FONT></P><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> ASHLEYDER@aol.com  [mailto:ASHLEYDER@aol.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, December 03, 2002 5:22  PM<BR><B>To:</B> VEE vrf<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] WIN 2k&  VEE5<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT size=2>Dear All,  <BR><BR>Further to  my previous question regarding upgrading I/O  libraries and much help from Ralph, I received below from Agilent tech.  support. Is this true? <BR><BR><I>Question <BR><BR>Hi, <BR><BR>I need win 2k  I/O libraries for my registered copy of HPVee 5.01 <BR><BR>I have found the  website with this but the download comes out at 300Mbytes. I <BR>need the  archive file (6 MB) as AOL will not allow 300M download. <BR><BR>Please help  <BR><BR>Rgds, <BR><BR>Ashley Derrick <BR><BR>Answer: <BR><BR><BR>Madam,  <BR><BR>Thank you for contacting Agilent Technologies. Your request for  <BR>support has been registered at technical support with the internal  <BR>reference ID shown in the subject field of this message.  <BR></I><BR><I>With regard to your question, Vee version 5.01 doesn't support  Win 2000. <BR>To run Vee on Win 2000, you need to upgrade your software at  least to the <BR>version 6.0 which is now obsolete. The current version is the  version <BR>6.1 (E2120A) which supports Windows 98/NT/2000/XP.  <BR><BR></I></FONT>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as:  carnahal@tycoelectronics.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to  "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to  "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing  list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes