AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Saving Data from a network analyzer

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 31, 2006
I have a older signal analyzer that has 8000 datapoint output of this about the first 200 bytes or so is header information. I read all this information in to an array and then operate on the protion I want which starts at position 200 in the array. Although you have to strip the frequency out you might be able to rebuild the data by copying only the Even array positions to a collector then to a new array. Also to swap row and column you can use the rot90 matlab script command to rotate an array I pasted the help information from VEE on whatt rot90 does. this should convert the data the way you want it. Hope this helps or at least gives you some ideas to persue.

Greg

Below is the rot90 info

MATLAB Function Reference      file:///C:/Program%20Files/Agilent/VEE%20Pro%207.0/matlab/help/techdoc/ref/rosser.html   file:///C:/Program%20Files/Agilent/VEE%20Pro%207.0/matlab/help/techdoc/ref/rotate.html     
rot90

Rotate matrix 90°
Syntax

B = rot90(A)  B = rot90(A,k) 

Description

B = rot90(A) rotates matrix A counterclockwise by 90 degrees.
B = rot90(A,k) rotates matrix A counterclockwise by k*90 degrees, where k is an integer.
Examples

The matrix

X =      1    2    3      4    5    6      7    8    9 

rotated by 90 degrees is

Y = rot90(X)  Y =      3    6    9      2    5    8      1    4    7 

See Also

HYPERLINK "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Agilent/VEE%20Pro%207.0/matlab/help/techdoc/ref/flipdim.html"flipdim, HYPERLINK "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Agilent/VEE%20Pro%207.0/matlab/help/techdoc/ref/fliplr.html"fliplr, HYPERLINK "file:///C:/Program%20Files/Agilent/VEE%20Pro%207.0/matlab/help/techdoc/ref/flipud.html"flipud

abep@lonestar.utsa.edu wrote:

Hello,
I'm currently controlling an N5230A network analyzer through another computer and have come across a problem.  When saving, is there a fuction I can use to save only data points from a measurement to a file in column format?  It seems like every command I find wants to output excess information like a header and the frequency values associated with those data points.  I'm taking 5000+ measurements at a time and this extra information is taking up a lot of space.  Any ideas?  I've already made a program that writes these data points to a dummy file, opens the dummy file and re-writes them in column format but I'm sure this is inefficient; I imagine the network analyzer would have some function to do this for me.
Thanks,
Abe

disclosures or agreements unless expressly stated.
--- You are currently subscribed to vrf as: sherekhan_kl@yahoo.com To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body. To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

_____  

Do you Yahoo!?
Everyone is raving about the HYPERLINK "http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42297/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta"all-new Yahoo! Mail. ---  To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body. To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes