AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf How to read data from Excel sheet?.

Question asked by jgriggs on Sep 18, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] How to read data from Excel sheet?.</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1226" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><SPAN class=151054212-19092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Not being one to normally play with ActiveX or DDE, I did try Jim's program.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=151054212-19092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Imagine my surprise when later I couldn't open Excel and see it.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=151054212-19092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Thanks to some well documented code, I made a one change near the end.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=151054212-19092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I added a ExcelApp.Visible = True during cleanup, so Excel works in the future.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=151054212-19092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jon Griggs</FONT> </DIV><P><FONT face=Arial size=2><A href="mailto:jgriggs@crownintl.com">mailto:jgriggs@crownintl.com</A></FONT> </P><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Test Engineer </FONT></P><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Crown International</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>1718 West Mishawaka Road</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Elkhart, IN 46517</FONT> </P><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Phone : (574) 294-8000 x8475</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Fax : (574) 294-8223</FONT> </P><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Stors, James   [mailto:jstors@ti.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, September 18, 2003 1:05   PM<BR><B>To:</B> VEE vrf<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] RE: How to read data from   Excel sheet?.<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <P><FONT size=2>I perform the same function in one of my programs, but ended   up using the older DDE to make it work.  Though ActiveX is more friendly,   for simple spreadsheet reading/writing, I find DDE to be perfect.  An   example program is attached...</FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>Regards,</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>Jim</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>From: Anwar   Ali MOHAMMED [<A   href="mailto:Ali@coreoptics.com">mailto:Ali@coreoptics.com</A>]</FONT>   <BR><FONT size=2>Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 12:05 PM</FONT> <BR><FONT   size=2>To: VEE vrf</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Subject: [vrf] How to read data   from Excel sheet?.</FONT> </P><BR>  <P><FONT size=2>Hi  all,</FONT> <BR><FONT   size=2>           I am   writing data(real/text) to the Excel(Microsoft Excel) by using the command   </FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>wks.cells(row,column)=data(input)</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>             and computing it on the Excel.Now, i want to read the resultant value from the   Excel sheet to VEE program.</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Does anybody know the   command to read the value?.</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>All advices will be heartly appreciated.</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>Regards,</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>Mohammed Anwar Ali</FONT>   </P><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>  <P><FONT size=2>---</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>You are currently subscribed to   vrf as: jstors@ti.com</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>To subscribe send a blank email   to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>To unsubscribe   send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT   size=2>To send messages to this mailing list,  email   "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>If you need help   with the mailing list send a message to   "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </P></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes