AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf RS-232 Kit wanted for borrowing

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 15, 2003
Latest reply on Oct 15, 2003 by VRFuser
<DIV>One of my favorite quotes:</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>"That's the nice thing about standards -- there are so many of them"</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> -- Kathy<BR><BR><B><I>Gregg C Levine |hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net></I></B> wrote:</DIV><BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello (again) from Gregg C Levine<BR>Thanks for the advice, Jay. Really! And yes I do agree with you<BR>regarding that suggestion concerning the RS-232C standard. Anyway,<BR>thanks again. I'll keep watching the list.<BR>-------------------<BR>Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net<BR>------------------------------------------------------------<BR>"The Force will be with you...Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi<BR>"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi<BR>(This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi )<BR>(This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda )<BR><BR><BR><BR>> -----Original Message-----<BR>> From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes [mailto:jay.johannes@completetest.com]<BR>> Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 11:24 AM<BR>> To: Gregg C Levine; VEE vrf<BR>> Subject: RE: [vrf] RS-232 Kit wanted for borrowing<BR>> <BR>> The 5181-6641 cable ships  with all of the low end instruments, i.e.<BR>34401,<BR>> 33120, 33250, etc. It is commonly available and lists for under<BR>$10.<BR>> However, it is also fairly common and that configuration can be<BR>found at<BR>> Radio Shack, although I can't remember if it is printer or null<BR>modem<BR>> config. You should be able to go down with the wiring diagram and<BR>find it<BR>> there for under $5.<BR>> <BR>> RS-232, its not a standard, just a bundle of wires.<BR>> <BR>> Jay Nemeth-Johannes<BR>> Complete Test<BR>> 720 14th Street SW<BR>> Loveland, CO 80537<BR>> (970) 663-0006<BR>> www.completetest.com<BR>> <BR>> -----Original Message-----<BR>> From: Gregg C Levine [mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net]<BR>> Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 10:47 PM<BR>> To: VEE vrf<BR>> Subject: [vrf] RS-232 Kit wanted for borrowing<BR>> <BR>> Hello from Gregg C Levine<BR>> Does anyone have a RS-232 kit that I can borrow? As I've stated<BR >> before, I am in the NYC area. It would be numbered, 2542G, and<BR>> 5181-6641[a], according to the SICL.pdf file from the Agilent, site,<BR>> its also contained in the 34399A RS232 Adapter kit. Naturally,<BR>> sometime tomorrow, I'll also contact the local office. Which is in<BR>NJ,<BR>> Paramus NJ in fact.<BR>> <BR>> As anyone who has been to the VEE Days will attest to, one of the<BR>CDs<BR>> that we were given is of the 6.20 version of the product. And we are<BR>> evaluating it again.<BR>> <BR>> For reasons that I'd rather not go into, the serial communications<BR>> option was chosen for a design that we built in-house. After<BR>examining<BR>> the aforementioned PDF file, I found those Agilent catalog numbers.<BR>It<BR>> includes a description of the wiring behind the adapters, and I<BR>could<BR>> wire one up, as well, but for the evaluation period, I'd rather work<BR>> with one that was designed for the product. Obviously if a ny of you<BR>> want to contact me off-list, then okay. I'll also contact the 800#,<BR>as<BR>> well, but I thought I'd try here.<BR>> -------------------<BR>> Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon(at)worldnet(dot)att(dot)net<BR>> ------------------------------------------------------------<BR>> "The Force will be with you...Always." Obi-Wan Kenobi<BR>> "Use the Force, Luke." Obi-Wan Kenobi<BR>> (This company dedicates this E-Mail to General Obi-Wan Kenobi )<BR>> (This company dedicates this E-Mail to Master Yoda )<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> <BR>> <BR>> <BR>> ---<BR>> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: jayj@ventureconsult.com<BR>> To subscribe send a blank email to<BR>"join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>> To unsubscribe send a blank email to<BR>"leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>> To send messages to this mailing list, email<BR>"vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>> "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: kathy_kiessling@yahoo.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.comTo subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  

Outcomes