AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Agilent 8722 Cal Kit Files

Question asked by Dr_joel Employee on Oct 10, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40" xmlns:o = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1 = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content=Word.Document name=ProgId><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR><META content="Microsoft Word 10" name=Originator><LINK href="cid:filelist.xml@01C38F11.7A8B6E80" rel=File-List><o:SmartTagType name="PersonName" namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"></o:SmartTagType><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings>  <o:DoNotRelyOnCSS/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings></xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument>  <w:SpellingState>Clean</w:SpellingState>  <w:GrammarState>Clean</w:GrammarState>  <w:DocumentKind>DocumentEmail</w:DocumentKind>  <w:EnvelopeVis/>  <w:Compatibility>   <w:BreakWrappedTables/>   <w:SnapToGridInCell/>   <w:WrapTextWithPunct/>   <w:UseAsianBreakRules/>  </w:Compatibility>  <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument></xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><STYLE>st1:* {     BEHAVIOR: url(#default#ieooui)}</STYLE><![endif]--><STYLE>@page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin: .5in; mso-footer-margin: .5in; mso-paper-source: 0; }P.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}LI.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}DIV.MsoNormal {     FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman"; mso-style-parent: ""; mso-pagination: widow-orphan; mso-fareast-font-family: "Times New Roman"}A:link {     COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single}SPAN.MsoHyperlink {     COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single}A:visited {     COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single}SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {     COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; text-underline: single}SPAN.EmailStyle17 {     COLOR: windowtext; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-style-type: personal-compose; mso-style-noshow: yes; mso-ansi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 10.0pt; mso-ascii-font-family: Arial; mso-hansi-font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial}SPAN.SpellE {     mso-style-name: ""; mso-spl-e: yes}DIV.Section1 {     page: Section1}</STYLE><!--[if gte mso 10]><style> /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable     {mso-style-name:"Table Normal";     mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;     mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;     mso-style-noshow:yes;     mso-style-parent:"";     mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;     mso-para-margin:0in;     mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt;     mso-pagination:widow-orphan;     font-size:10.0pt;     font-family:"Times New Roman";}</style><![endif]--></HEAD><BODY lang=EN-US style="tab-interval: .5in" vLink=purple link=blue><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=416301021-10102003>Hello Sean,</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=416301021-10102003>    I think all the cal kit entries are strictly ASCII for reading and writing.  I don't think you can "down-load" a cal kit in same way you can download a data trace or such.  Thus, download a cal kit you "modify" some kit, or the user kit, and write in all the values that you want.  The kit is saved as part of the instrument state if it is saved as a user kit and the instrument state is saved.  I think if you save the learnstring with the user kit set, the learn string gets the user kit as well.  I'll check up later next week and post again if there's another way.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=416301021-10102003></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><SPAN class=416301021-10102003>Joel</DIV><DIV><BR></DIV></SPAN></FONT><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<SPAN class=416301021-10102003><FONT   face=Arial color=#0000ff> </FONT></SPAN><B>From:</B> Sean Turner   [mailto:Sean.Turner@aeroflex.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, October 10, 2003   6:33 AM<BR><B>To:</B> VEE vrf<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Agilent 8722 Cal Kit   Files<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV class=Section1>  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN   style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">I have a question with regards to   the <SPAN class=SpellE>Agilent</SPAN> 8722 VNA. <SPAN   style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I would like to download the   calibration kit and modify some of the parameters in <SPAN   class=SpellE>vee</SPAN>. <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I think   that the data is of type "form 1".<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">    </SPAN>Has anyone had any luck writing their own routine to download and   upload a cal-kit file? <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>I know   that there is an excellent program (VNA cal kit manager) that will do this,   but I need to include this function as a routine in my <SPAN   class=SpellE>vee</SPAN> program.<o:p></o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN   style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P>  <P class=MsoNormal><st1:PersonName><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN   style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-no-proof: yes">Sean   Turner</SPAN></FONT></st1:PersonName><SPAN   style="mso-no-proof: yes"><o:p></o:p></SPAN></P>  <P class=MsoNormal><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3><SPAN   style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><o:p> </o:p></SPAN></FONT></P></DIV>---<BR>You   are currently subscribed to vrf as: joel_dunsmore@agilent.com<BR>To subscribe   send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe   send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages   to this mailing list, email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need   help with the mailing list send a message to   "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". </BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes