AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Text constant or Real constant execution with the Enter

Question asked by reiner.schlieker on Sep 11, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><TITLE>Text constant or Real constant execution with the Enter key</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 5.50.4916.2300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><SPAN class=490315716-12092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Iwould try and answer your question better, but when I load your program itcauses a BRB for me - it's trying to load an unregistered ActiveXcomponent...?</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=490315716-12092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ffsize=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=490315716-12092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Thatsaid, you might try change the UserObject to a UserFunction, use ShowPanel() todisplay the panel;  I've found that if you put the ShowPanel() in a loop,it will refresh the focus on a panel text constant if the user has clickedelsewhere on the screen.  I don't know if this will help you without seeingthe program tho.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=490315716-12092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ffsize=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=490315716-12092003><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2><P><FONT face=Arial size=2>_____________________________________</FONT><BR><B><FONT face=Arial size=2>Reiner Schlieker</FONT></B> <BR><FONT face=Arialsize=2>Test Equipment Designer</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>SiemensMilltronics Process Instruments Inc.</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Phone:(705) 740-7553</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Fax:    (705) 740-7692</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>Email: reiner.schlieker@siemens.com</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arialsize=2>Web:    www.siemens-milltronics.com</FONT></P></FONT></SPAN></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Stors, James  [mailto:jstors@ti.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Friday, September 12, 2003 8:12  AM<BR><B>To:</B> VEE vrf<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Text constant or Real  constant execution with the Enter key<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <P><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I have two seperate questions, both  related to the same project. I have a User Object that i'm running in the  panel view. There are multiple text/real constants that I have attached to an  "On Cycle" and an "OK" button. Upon depressing the OK button the value within  the constant is added to an array or Listbox. What i'm trying to do is be able  to use the keyboard Enter key to execute the OK button, though without having  to double click within the constant to change the value. I've already checked  on the "Activate with Enter key" setting within the properties for the OK  button, but I still need to doubleclick to highlight the value within the  constant. Is there a way to give the constant this focus without having to  doubleclick? And the other issue is that I have more than one of these  constants/On Cycle/OK button setups. It seems as though VEE will only allow me  to set one of these OK buttons to execute on clicking the Enter key. Is there  a way to cause the Enter key to activate whichever constant is active, meaning  the one I last clicked in?</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Attached is the panel.</FONT>  <BR><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2>||Question.vee>>  </FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes