AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VRF error help

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 14, 2002
Thanks Dave and Adam,

I hadn't even thought about using Raise Error to generate a bona-fide Vee Error.  I can use a Raise Error object wherever I could get a non-VEE error and generate custom error numbers/messages, thereby always getting the right information with ErrorInfo().

VRF to the rescue again!

Graeme Hilton

-----Original Message-----
From: Hamilton Dave-P17257 [mailto:Dave.Hamilton@gd-decisionsystems.com]
Sent: 14 October 2002 15:01
To: VEE vrf
Subject: [vrf] VRF error help

I've written an error-handling routine to handle Vee errors and errors generated by my software.  If my software gets some duff data (denoted by a flag) I use my error handling function to write some data into a file detailing where and when the error occurred.  So far, so good.
To catch the Vee errors (div/0 etc..) I use the ErrorInf() function to write the Vee error data to the same log file.  However, I want to be able to call ErrorInf() and have it return no data, if there are no Vee errors.  This would mean clearing the error from memory after reading it, to leave the ErrorInf() function with nothing to return.

If you run the attached file, you will see what I mean.  The resultant file should report "Non-VEE Error" against the "Second software Error", but it reports the same as the last error, i.e. the div/0 error.

I think you could use the Raise Error object to accomplish what you are trying to do. My suggestion is to use the Raise Error object to generate an error in your ErrorMessage function. Make this be the last thing done in the function. For example: generate Error 1 ErrorMessage Call. Each time the function is called, check to see if errorInfo returns error 1. If it does, then don't write to the file. If it returns a real error, handle it accordingly.

Dave Hamilton
General Dynamics

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: graeme_hilton@agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

Outcomes