AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf PC Speed + VEE

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 8, 2003
<DIV><DIV>Yes, it should be proportionally faster, providing there are no other factors limiting the speed (like memory swapping, other applications).  We often need to go and add wait statements in some programs when we upgade computers.  I also use this fact to argue that I need the fastest computer possible for development and testing purposes |g></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>-- Kathy Kiessling</DIV><DIV>Endwave Corporation<BR><BR><B><I>"Brutzman, Bill" |BillB@hkMetalCraft.com></I></B> wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; WIDTH: 100%"><BR>I have something like a Pentium-III 800 MHz machine with 256-MB ram.<BR><BR>If I get a new, faster pc, will VEE likely run about as fast, marginally<BR>faster, proportionally faster ? Please advise.<BR><BR>We are trying to measure the thickness of stamped metal parts on a<BR>[calibrated] bowl rotating at 20 rpm.<BR><BR>I have a thru-beam laser sensor tied to a A/D converter together with a<BR>quadrature encoder card connected to an axial shaft encoder.<BR><BR>In developer mode, my program seems to max out at one voltage [height]<BR>measurement per 1.5 milliseconds, that is,<BR>640 measurements-per-second.<BR><BR>I am creating a run-time exe file which I expect runs faster than when in<BR>development mode.<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Bill Brutzman, Manager IT<BR>HK MetalCraft Mfg Corp<BR>PO Box 775<BR>35 Industrial Road<BR>Lodi NJ 07644-0775<BR><BR>973.471.7770 x145 .voice<BR>973.471.9666 .fax<BR><BR>BillB@hkMetalCraft.com<BR>www.hkMetalCraft.com<BR><BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: kathy_kiessling@yahoo.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV></DIV>---You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.comTo subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  

Outcomes