AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Is Excel installed? - error-pin - mem. leak?

Question asked by VRFuser on Nov 7, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2716.2200" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY style="MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt MS Sans Serif; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px"><DIV><FONT size=1>Hi Richard,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>If my memory serves, there is a documented memory leak when using a formula object with an error pin.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>I do believe that this was fixed in 6.01 but I am not certain - can someone from Agilent please confirm this ?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>Best Regards,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=1></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=1>James</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>-------------------------------------------------------<BR>James Atkin BEng(Hons) MIEE<BR>Software Engineer<BR>Mitec Telecom Ltd<BR>The Arenson Centre<BR>Arenson Way<BR>Dunstable<BR>Bedfordshire<BR>LU5 5UL<BR>-------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>>>> Richard Kleinhenz |scubaman@us.ibm.com> 11/07/02 03:38pm >>><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Could someone refresh my memory about the memory leak somehow associated<BR>with error pins?  I have this vague recollection that using an error pin<BR>causes a memory leak at least on some systems, I don't know whether it<BR>simply needs to be connected, or whether something needs to be cleared<BR>explicitly after it fires.<BR>--<BR>Regards,<BR>Rich<BR>===================<BR>Richard Kleinhenz<BR>Wafer Engineering<BR>845-892-2617<BR>scubaman@us.ibm.com<BR>===================<BR><BR><BR><BR>                      "Pickles, Warren"<BR>                      |Warren.Pickles@tycoelect        To:       "VEE vrf" |vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com><BR>                      ronics.com>                      cc:<BR>                                                       Subject:  [vrf] RE: Is Excel installed?<BR>                      11/07/2002 10:16 AM<BR>                      Please respond to<BR>                      "Pickles, Warren"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Thanks for all the replies to that.  CreateObject in a formula box, with an<BR>error output, works fine.<BR>Warren Pickles<BR><BR><BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: Pickles, Warren<BR>Sent: 07 November 2002 08:03<BR>To: VEE vrf<BR>Subject: [vrf] Is Excel installed?<BR><BR><BR>Hi<BR><BR>Does anyone know how to query whether Excel is installed on a given PC,<BR>from<BR>VEE?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Warren Pickles<BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email<BR>"vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: scubaman@us.ibm.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email<BR>"vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: james.atkin@mitectelecom.biz<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR></DIV>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes