AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Sending emails from vee on WinTel

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 3, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>RE: [vrf] Re: Sending emails from vee on WinTel</TITLE><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type><META content="MSHTML 5.00.2919.6307" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV>I second that. I've had excellent results using the sample SMPT program that comes with VEE. Much easier than trying to figure out how to active-X Outlook, and no third party software to buy either.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>William J. Drago</DIV><DIV>Automatic Test Engineering Consultant<BR>106 Overlook Drive<BR>East Islip, NY 11730<BR><A href="mailto:wdrago@suffolk.lib.ny.us">wdrago@suffolk.lib.ny.us</A></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV   style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>   <A href="mailto:KWatassek@sj30jet.com" title=KWatassek@sj30jet.com>Kevin   Watassek</A> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A   href="mailto:vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com"   title=vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com>VEE vrf</A> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, October 03, 2002 2:56   PM</DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Re: Sending emails from   vee on WinTel</DIV>  <DIV><BR></DIV>  <P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=4>I agree, go straight to the email   source and by pass the MS Outlook application.</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=4>Thanks,</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=4>Kevin</FONT> </P>  <UL>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=1>-----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><B><FONT     face=Arial size=1>From:  </FONT></B> <FONT face=Arial size=1><A     href="mailto:ramarquardt@ra.rockwell.com">ramarquardt@ra.rockwell.com</A>     [<A     href="mailto:SMTP:ramarquardt@ra.rockwell.com">SMTP:ramarquardt@ra.rockwell.com</A>]</FONT>     <BR><B><FONT face=Arial size=1>Sent:  </FONT></B> <FONT face=Arial     size=1>Thu-03-Oct-2002 1:42 PM</FONT> <BR><B><FONT face=Arial     size=1>To:    </FONT></B> <FONT face=Arial size=1>VEE     vrf</FONT> <BR><B><FONT face=Arial     size=1>Cc:    </FONT></B> <FONT face=Arial size=1><A     href="mailto:vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com">vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</A></FONT>     <BR><B><FONT face=Arial     size=1>Subject:       </FONT></B> <FONT     face=Arial size=1>[vrf] Re: Sending emails from vee on WinTel</FONT> </P><BR>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Look at the SMTP Mail program included in the VEE     examples.</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>...Rob</FONT> </P><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Cernek Edward-rycb10     |E.Cernek@motorola.com> on 10/02/2002 10:58:16 AM</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Please respond to Cernek Edward-rycb10     |E.Cernek@motorola.com></FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>To:    "VEE vrf"     |vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com></FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial     size=2>cc:</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Subject:    [vrf] Sending emails     from vee on WinTel</FONT> </P><BR><BR>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello Group.</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>I have several vee programs that run under     hp-ux, and that send my 2-way</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>pager     an email when certain (usually nasty) events occur. Doing this     under</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>unix is simple (as are most things     vs. WinTel, but I digress...).</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>For obvious reasons, I am vacating the unix     platform in favor of WinTel. I</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>have not     found a reasonable way to get this email functionality under</FONT>     <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>WinTel. To calibrate my use of the term     "reasonable", figuring out how to</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial     size=2>talk to Outlook via Active-X, COM, DCOM, whatever, is NOT     reasonable.</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Suggestions?</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Regards, Ed Cernek.</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>---</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>You are     currently subscribed to vrf as: ramarquardt@ra.rockwell.com</FONT> <BR><FONT     face=Arial size=2>To subscribe send a blank email to     "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>To     unsubscribe send a blank email to     "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>To     send messages to this mailing list,  email</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial     size=2>"vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>If     you need help with the mailing list send a message to</FONT> <BR><FONT     face=Arial size=2>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT>     </P><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>    <P><FONT face=Arial size=2>---</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>You are     currently subscribed to vrf as: KWatassek@sj30jet.com</FONT> <BR><FONT     face=Arial size=2>To subscribe send a blank email to     "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>To     unsubscribe send a blank email to     "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>To     send messages to this mailing list,  email     "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT face=Arial size=2>If     you need help with the mailing list send a message to     "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT> </P></UL>---<BR>You are currently   subscribed to vrf as: wdrago@suffolk.lib.ny.us<BR>To subscribe send a blank   email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank   email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this   mailing list, email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with   the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". </BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes