AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Variable Validity

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 11, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.19"><TITLE>RE: vrf Variable Validity</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Mark,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Add an "Error" output pin to a "get variable". If it fires, it has yet to be given a value, if not, it has. The error pin will serve as an "If" object.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Paul H. Rubin</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Staff Engineer</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Ericsson Amplifier Technologies, Inc.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>49 Wireless Blvd.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Hauppauge, NY 11788</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>(631) 357-8513</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Fax (631) 424-1725</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>paul.rubin@ericsson.com</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Marc Engle [<A HREF="mailto:MEngle@RFMD.com">mailto:MEngle@RFMD.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday, June 11, 2001 4:02 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: 'vrf@lvld.agilent.com'</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf Variable Validity</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>All,</FONT><BR>        <FONT SIZE=2>I'm interested in determining programmatically whether or not a</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>variable name already exists (undeclared globals, primarily), but I don't</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>want an error to appear if the variable name does not exist.  I would like</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>to use this as a decision tool to determine what to do next, either use the</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>variable already there, or create a new one.  Right now if I try to access a</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>variable that's not there, an error appears.  Does anyone know a way around</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>this?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Marc</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Marc A. Engle</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Product Engineer</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Digital Cellular Product Line</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>RF Micro Devices, Inc.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>7628 Thorndike Road</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Greensboro, NC  27409</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Phone: (336) 931-7445</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Fax: (336) 931-7371</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>E-mail: mengle@rfmd.com</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send messages to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".  Subscriptions and</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>unsubscriptions are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes