AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf About licensing VEE

Question asked by cebollerocj on Jun 6, 2002
Latest reply on Jun 6, 2002 by cebollerocj

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Well, I am not a computer expertician, and there are a lot of thinks I cant understand about the new licensing way.</font>
<font size=2 face="sans-serif">It is more I dont know if I can do the licensing from my computer, because my company buys the licenses and maintains from the purchase department and I know we have network restrictions to do something else (Dont ask me what are this limitations because I dont know).</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">My job is to do instrumentation tests and not to lock into internet for an upgrade or a licensing or to know how a computer works, for me a computer its only a black box !.</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">As other users I program in VEE in a computer but I must test the programs with the equipment, I think it is obvious that I put a development environment in the machine asociated to test sistem to do this, and make the corrections of my program over the test facilities. The primary development machine is a faster and specially configurated machine with high dimension monitor  and other advantages than the machine that works with the test instruments, usually this machines work with no network connexion and they havent network card.</font>
<font size=2 face="sans-serif">We are talking about a test development environment not an office tool ! </font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">The policy in my company is periodically upgrade the computers and we run in a  Win2K environment ,with a network administrator that have put restrictions over machines and as I understand ,I must contact with him every time I change the computer, to do the licensing over the new macine, I think this is a hard work for me and for my administrator added to other tasks that we are doing. </font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">At the end If I have problems to work with VEE, in the way that I am working today, I think it may be easier for me to use other development environment to do test programs, maybe METCAL, LABVIEW or LABWINDOWS, change all the agilents gpib cards to NI PCI GPIB cards, obviously dont buy any agilents gpib card more and perhaps.... What about the purchase of test instruments?</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">Thank you to all that are fighting for some degree of freedom,</font>

<font size=2 face="sans-serif">        Javier Cebollero  </font>  

Outcomes