AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Automated Cable Testing

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 19, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type><META content="MSHTML 5.00.3105.105" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT size=2>Hello:</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>I am seeking any input, guidance and samples (or direction to already developed VEE products) for testing Cable assemblies.  The assemblies I am interested in testing are simple, in that they typically comprise less that 16 conductors, and are generally just one connector on either end.  Occasionally there will be a jumper or a resistor or two in one or both ends of the cable.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>An outline of "ideal" requirements would include:</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  1. Being able to perform both 2-wire and if practical 4-wire resistance measurements on these assemblies. </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  2. Being able to measure pin-to-pin continuity resistance down to about .5 ohms.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  3. Being able to measure resistors to within .1%.   </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  4. Being able to measure leakage resistance between any conductor and any other conductor, with a threshold as "greater than 80 megaohms.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>I am seeking any guidance, tips, suggestions and direction to accomplish any part or all of such a cable Assembly test system.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>I have the following equipment and software, and would like to be able to use it in this application, but am open to all suggestions:</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  a. Agilent VEE 6.0 Pro</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  b. 1 ea. 34970A w/34401A DMM internal and 3 ea. 34902A 16 channel multiplexers.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>  c. 1 ea. 34970A w/3 ea. 34902A 16 channel multiplexers.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=2>Best Regards,<BR>Paul Sutfin<BR></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=2></FONT> </DIV></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes