AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf vxe to vee conversion

Question asked by ceken on Jun 6, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><TITLE>RE: vrf Runtime and Excel</TITLE><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type><META content="MSHTML 5.00.2314.1000" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV> </DIV><BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>  <DIV   style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: black"><B>From:</B>   <A href="mailto:psampson@ti.com" title=psampson@ti.com>Sampson, Peter</A>   </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A   href="mailto:bernhard.muller@dlcdesignaudio.com"   title=bernhard.muller@dlcdesignaudio.com>Bern Muller</A> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, June 06, 2001 11:47   AM</DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> RE: vrf Runtime and Excel</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks, that is exactly the advice I needed. In   my case it was add-ins. and getting rid of them was considerably less trouble.   Under the menu Tools/add-ins you find a long list of add ins Microsoft offers   with Excel as part of Office. Two of them seem to interfere with VEE's ability   to talk to Excel. The two I found that caused the trouble were   "Analysis Toolpak-VBA" and "Auto Save". I simply unchecked those items in   the menu and closed Excel. Problem solved.<BR></FONT></DIV>  <P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>  This sounds like something   that happened to me. Come to find out I had some kind of Macro running Excel.   I ended up deleting Office from my computer. I even had to go into My regedit   to make sure that all of Office was taken out. I then had to reinstall Office.   Once this was completed it ran as it should. I still don't know were this   macro came from, but was enough to not let me call Excel in VEE. I am running   NT 4.0 and VEE 5.01 and Office 97.</FONT></P>  <P><FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>  Good Luck</FONT> <BR><FONT   face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Peter Sampson</FONT> <BR><FONT   face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Environmental Test Lab</FONT> <BR><FONT   face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Phone 508-236-3003</FONT> <BR><FONT   face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>E-mail  psampsom@ti.com</FONT> </P>  <UL>    <P><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>----------</FONT> <BR><B><FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>From:</FONT></B>   <FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Bern     Muller[SMTP:bernhard.muller@dlcdesignaudio.com]</FONT> <BR><B><FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Sent:</FONT></B>   <FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:09 PM</FONT>     <BR><B><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>To:</FONT></B>         <FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT> <BR><B><FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Cc:</FONT></B>     <FONT     face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>bern.muller@dlcdesignaudio.com</FONT>     <BR><B><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Subject:</FONT></B>            <FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>vrf     Runtime and Excel</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>I have developed a program that accesses     Excel and writes data to and reads</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>data from it. On the development machine it works perfectly, in     both</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>development, as well as run     time modules. However, when I export the program</FONT> <BR><FONT     face="Courier New" size=2>to another machine running only the run time only     module, I get an error</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>message:</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>"active X Object could not be     created</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>System Error Code     0x80010001 (-2147418111)</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>System     Error Message: Call was rejected by callee.</FONT> <BR><FONT     face="Courier New" size=2>Object title: Start Excel and load     Spreadsheet</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Object type     Formula</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Error number 557."</FONT>     </P>    <P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>I removed and reinstalled Office 97     Professional on the target machine, but</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>that didn't help. I used the code exactly from the examples to open     the new</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>sheet in the formula     object. I'll quote if necessary.</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Any ideas?</FONT> </P>    <P><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT>     <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by     Majordomo.  To send messages to</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".      Subscriptions and</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>unsubscriptions     are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT>     <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>If you need details, just send a message     containing the text "help"</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>to     "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New"     size=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT>     </P></UL></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes