AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Merging Vee Programs from different sources: Reconc

Question asked by mark.goldberg on Apr 1, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><SPAN class=203024418-01042004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>OOPS! My Bad, I was thinking along the lines of the Devicename input which changes the config for you. I thought that worked manually as well.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=203024418-01042004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Guess not.  Sorry, you can add the device name terminal and run it once with a text box as in my original example to change it, then remove the input and it will remain with the properties of the name you choose. May be easier that editing all individually and double checking that all the properties were set.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV><SPAN class=203024418-01042004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV><SPAN class=203024418-01042004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Mark</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE>  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Kathy Wright   [mailto:kathy_wright_ca@yahoo.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Thursday, April 01, 2004   10:31 AM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] RE: Merging Vee Programs   from different sources: Reconc ilin g Direct IOs<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV>You do  not want to just change the name in the property.    That's generally a bad practiuce becuase you make more for your self in the   first place, and then you mask and make it harder to detect which instrument   it is really talking to.  To determine which instrument it is talking to   , look right_Mouse_Button, Show Config ....</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>The clean this up, I would get all the direct IO's in the same   program/library.  When they are loaded, the instrument manager will   ntoice if there is a new name, and ask you if you want to add it to the   list.  Say yes.  Once you have all 5? in the list, determine which   one you want to keep, then systematically go thorugh and find wherever the   others ones are called out.  Change to the one you want using Show   Config  ....  Once you have eliminated all occurrances for the 4 you   don't want, to can remove them from the instrument manager (be sure to save   it).  As an added test, you can exit VEE, reload the program.  If it   pops up any of the 4 bad names, you missed one.  just repeat the process   until it loads cleanly.</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>-- Kathy Wright</DIV>  <DIV> </DIV>  <DIV>Senior Test Engineer</DIV>  <DIV>endwave corporation<BR><BR><B><I>"Goldberg, Mark"   |Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM></I></B> wrote:</DIV>  <BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq   style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Joel,<BR><BR>in     that case you can just change the name and address in the properties     of<BR>the objects and remove all the unused names from the instrument     manager.<BR><BR>Mark<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From:     joel_dunsmore@agilent.com [mailto:joel_dunsmore@agilent.com]<BR>Sent:     Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:07 AM<BR>To: Goldberg, Mark;     vrf@agilent.com<BR>Subject: RE: [vrf] RE: Merging Vee Programs from     different sources:<BR>Reconcilin g Direct IOs<BR><BR><BR>Hello Mark,<BR>Not     quite. What I want, just for cleanlyness sake, is to reconcile<BR>all the IO     names to just one (like VNA @ 716).<BR>Right now they are all different, and     I have 5 different names. Your<BR>suggestion would be good if I was going to     change the <BR>address (I've done that before) but right now, I just want to     get all the<BR>names the same, and see only one item at 716 in my Instrument     manager.<BR><BR>Joel<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: Goldberg,     Mark [mailto:Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM]<BR>Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2004 10:01     AM<BR>To: PDL-LISTS,VRF (A-Lists,unix1)<BR>Subject: [vrf] RE: Merging Vee     Programs from different sources:<BR>Reconcilin g Direct     IOs<BR><BR><BR>Joel,<BR><BR>If I follow you correctly you want to keep all     the objects and just get rid<BR>of the names in the instrument manager. If     that is what you have in mind you<BR>could setup all the boxes to have     control inputs and drive them with an<BR>array of the different parameters.     That way if you ever have to run it on<BR>the 1416 addy you could just add     that to the inst mgr and change the<BR>settings array. That way you can     accommodate all the different<BR>configurations and still only have one     device in the inst mag.<BR><BR>Hope that was     clear?<BR><BR>Mark<BR><BR>-----Original Message-----<BR>From: DUNSMORE,JOEL     (A-Sonoma,ex1) [mailto:joel_dunsmore@agilent.com]<BR>Sent: Thursday, Apr il     01, 2004 9:48 AM<BR>To: VRF<BR>Subject: [vrf] Merging Vee Programs from     different sources: Reconciling<BR>Direct IOs<BR><BR><BR>Hi all, <BR>I'm     trying to merge two different programs from two different<BR>sources, which     drive network analyzers.<BR>In one program, it has two direct IO blocks,     both GPIB 716, one labeled VNA,<BR>one labled Network analyzer.<BR><BR>In     the other program, I have 3 direct IO blocks, GPIB 716, one labeld     PNA,<BR>one PNA1 and one NetworkAnalyzer1.<BR><BR>Since all of these drive     the same network analyzer, I want to get rid of all<BR>but one. I haven't     been able to figure<BR>out a way to do it, short of replacing them one at a     time in each place they<BR>occur in the program. Any ideas? <BR><BR>To make     it more interesting, several of the ones labeled NetworkAnalyezer in<BR>the     IO manager have labeles in the VEE<BR>program of PNA (@ 1416) which I assume     because sometime in the past they<BR>were hooked up with an NI     card.<BR><BR>Thanks, Joel<BR><BR>---<BR>Yo u are currently subscribed to vrf     as: Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to     "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to     "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing     list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list     send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>---<BR>You     are currently subscribed to vrf as: joel_dunsmore@agilent.com<BR>To     subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To     unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To     send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need     help with the mailing list send a message     to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR><BR>---<BR>You are currently     subscribed to vrf as: kathy_wright_ca@yahoo.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank     email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank     email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this     mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing     list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---   You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Mark.Goldberg@ATK.COM To subscribe   send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To unsubscribe send   a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com". To send messages to this   mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". If you need help with the mailing list   send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes