AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Serial problem

Question asked by VRFuser on Jan 30, 2002
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45"><TITLE>RE: vrf Serial problem</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Andres,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>In Vee instrument manager you must create a serial I/O with the SAME address as was assigned in I/O Config from Agilent I/O libraries -> I/O Config. You must also in Vee instrument manager -> advanced settings set the Live button to ON. Also, be sure the settings of that serial I/O are correct.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Paul H. Rubin</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Staff Engineer</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Test Engineering</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Ericsson Amplifier Technologies, Inc.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>49 Wireless Blvd.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Hauppauge, New York 11788</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Phone: (631) 357-8513</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>E-Mail: paul.rubin@ericsson.com</FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Andres Rivas [<A HREF="mailto:arivas@giemdp.com.ar">mailto:arivas@giemdp.com.ar</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 10:55 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: vrf@lvld.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf Serial problem</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Im trying to communicate with a serial display. Using a VT100 emulator </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>(hyperterminal) (9600bps, 7bits data, odd parity and 1 bit stop) theres no </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>problem. So Ive turned to VEE One lab 6.01</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>There I added a new instrument on the serial inrteface address 1 and the </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>previous settings. Then goes a Direct I/O and a write transaction with the </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>same instruction wich worked on the terminal emulator but nothing comes up.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Any clue?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ive greatly appreciatte your help</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Andrs Rivas</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>GIE</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>This is the "vrf" maillist, managed by Majordomo.  To send messages to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>this maillist, just email to "vrf@lvld.agilent.com".  Subscriptions and</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>unsubscriptions are done through the address "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need details, just send a message containing the text "help"</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>to "vrf-request@lvld.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>---------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes