AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf need ActiveX control similar to MSComm32.ocx

Question asked by VRFuser on Feb 12, 2001
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type><META content="MSHTML 5.00.2614.3500" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hello all!</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am trying to obtain an ActiveX control similar to MSComm32.ocx.  I need to send and recieve characters to the com port.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've tested IO using the HyperTerminal and it communicates as I would expect.  In VEE 6.01 the "Direct IO" object does not behave in the same way and is insufficient.  Even after trying many different configurations.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Does anyone know where to get this ActiveX control or similar?</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I've tried to use a file from another computer but I get a "Not Licenced" error.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks in advance.</FONT></DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Andrew</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Genesys IBS</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes