AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Problems with deleting Library when vee.io changed during runtime ??? w/attachment this time

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 13, 2006
Tom,

Thanks for the example prog.  I already tried "STAT:OPER:COND?" but it's the same problem as ":PROG:STAT?".  Bit 14 is NOT set when the macro is running and waiting for the user to press a button, although it appears to be set when the macro is actually doing something.  So it won't work for me; I need to wait until the macro has finished completely.

I'm going to try a solution along the lines of OJ's suggestion, namely send "SENS:CORR:STAT OFF" before I start the macro and then break when ":SENS:CORR:STAT?" returns 1.  Will let you know if it works.  But that solution is specific to the macro I want to run; a general solution would be nice.

Regards,
Warren

_____  

From: SILCHIA,TOM (A-USA,ex1) [mailto:tom_silchia@agilent.com]
Sent: 13 June 2006 17:25
To: VRF
Subject: RE: [vrf] E5070B ENA VBA Macro

I am working a similar request with another customer. There exist a "Macro Running" status bit. Look at monitoring / querying BIT 14 of the output "STAT:OPER:COND?". You can break on bit 14 being 0 or 1 depending if you want macro running (or not) indications. This is a bit in-efficient, but works. See sample.

The item I have NOT been able to get working is for this to assert an SRQ via the mask of the *SRE 128 combined with a mask of "STAT:OPER:ENAB 16384".

Hope this helps.

Agilent Technologies has a new user forum that is focused on network analysis applications and products .  Be sure to visit the forum at http://atgforums.ate.agilent.com/phpbb2/ the next time you're on-line.

Sincerely,
Tom Silchia
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Americas Contact Center
800 829-4444

_____  

From: Pickles, Warren [mailto:Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 9:11 AM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] E5070B ENA VBA Macro

Hi,

Does anybody know how to get VEE to detect when a VBA macro, running on an Agilent E5070B / E5071B ENA, has finished running?  I can launch the macro from VEE OK, but I can't tell when it's finished.

The :PROG:STAT? query seemes the obvious solution but in fact this returns "RUN" when the macro is actually doing something, and returns "STOP" when the macro is waiting for a button press.  So from VEE, you can't tell the difference between macro not running and macro waiting for button press.

I tried messing in the status registers but I got essentially the same story.

I'm running the Ecal Assistant macro which ships with the ENA.  Seems to be the only way to do a proper three or four port cal using just a two port Ecal.  I don't really want the operator to have to switch attention between the PC screen and the ENA screen.  My VEE prog has a dialog saying "Run the Ecal Assistant and press OK when finished" and if they press OK before they're finished, the whole thing falls over.

My alternatives are get VEE to send key presses to the macro, or reverse engineer the macro in VEE, both of which sound like major undertakings.

Regards,
Warren Pickles

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: tom_silchia@agilent.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".
---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.

---

Outcomes