AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf DeviceNet testing with VEE.

Question asked by VRFuser on May 8, 2006
Latest reply on May 8, 2006 by VRFuser
> There is some difference.

Not at all.

ANSI C is the C and C Runtime Library specification sanctioned by the ANSI. The term "ANSI C" simply means you write source code to the ANSI C specification, which in turn means it will most probably compile on any specific C compiler without problems. By convention, vendor specific extensions to the C language are identified by a double underscore preceding a keyword and vendor specific RTL functions are identified by a single underscore preceding the function name.

Note that none of this has anything to do with linking or specific file formats. File formats for VEE don't matter any more - VEE runs exclusively on Windows now so the only file format used is Portable Executable.

What you probably have is a calling convention mismatch. VEE *cannot* call 'thiscall' functions, IOW a C++ dll. You're probably using SST's OPC Server library - a COM component.

The easy way to interface with a COM component is to import it as a .NET namespace on the COM tab of the ".NET Assembly References..." dialog.

> (1)    Can VEE be made compatible with Windows C DLLs directly?

Absolutely. I've been doing it for years. Almost any of my examples call at least some Windows dll. That's my whole gig: Windows API programming for VEE.
-SHAWN-

Outcomes