AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Programmatically Finding GPIB Devices

Question asked by VRFuser on Jul 12, 2006
Why not look at the examples

ExamplesInstrumentIODynamicFindRemoteInstruements.Vee  is a good example which finds everything on any interface and tells you what it is.

Just modify the bits you need.  It will be a lot faster than cycling through the addresses.

Adam Kohler

SVV

Wireless Division

South Queensferry

Scotland

t 313 3527

e adam_kohler@agilent.com

_____  

From: Crossland Shawn R MSgt 193OPS/DOOW-E [mailto:shawn.crossland@paharr.ang.af.mil]
Sent: Wednesday 12 July 2006 20:08
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Programmatically Finding GPIB Devices

Hello all,

I used to be a vrf member for several years.  Then, I stopped because my company decided to stop using Vee.  Now, I'm back using Vee in another application.

Here's my problem:  My older computer used Vee 5 and had an RS-232 to GPIB converter made by National Instruments.  In that set up, I could programmatically step through all 30 GPIB addresses and "discover" what was out on the bus.

My newer computer is running Vee 7 and it has a USB to GPIB converter.  Since Vee IO natively "sees" the USB interface, I don't know how to step through each GPIB address to discover what devices are there.

In my set up, it's possible that equipment will be removed for calibration and the replacement piece will have a different GPIB address than the one it replaced.  Ultimately, I want my program to be able to a change in GPIB addresses.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Shawn

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: adam_kohler@agilent.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes