AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Labview PID

Question asked by VRFuser on May 30, 2006
Ashley,

>the existing LV software uses an add-in pack which is used for PID control

See the VEE examples for a PID. You can change the parameters as req'd.

>they always know about LV but have never heard of VEE

The same as how Windows is more popular but Mac is waaaaaaaay better.

VEE = more work done in less time = less cost to your client.

Unless you really need the work, stick to your guns.

Good luck,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Derrick [mailto:ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk]
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:47 PM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Labview PID

I have a customer asking me to quote on a test rig. The rig is a repeat order with slight variations, the last people wrote the software in Labview, which looks quite complicated. I suspect they are no longer trading and hence my involvement.

Obviously, I would prefer to use VEE but even if I was allowed to do so, the existing LV software uses an add-in pack which is used for PID control, and also a database module, which I don't think Vee has.  The new rig will be controlling air temperature (5 to 60 C) using PID control, wheas the old one controls  a water bath. The LV software also uses a 'curve matching' VI which again, I am not sure is specifically handled by VEE.

Any ideas? Do I stick to my guns and propose a VEE re-write or attempt to modify the existing LV code (the customer has LV 8 but  not sure if they have the necessary add in-packs though).

Problem is, whenever I get a new potential customer they always know about LV but have never heard of VEE

Best regards,

Ashley

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: William.Drago@l-3com.com
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

This e-mail and subsequent attachments may contain information which is proprietary to L-3 Communications Corporation. The contents shall not be disclosed, copied, distributed or used unless authorized by L-3 Communications Narda - East.

Outcomes