AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Does anyone know if you can downgrade a PNA from A.06.01.05 to A.03.53?

Question asked by SteveE on Jun 28, 2006
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7650.28"><TITLE>Does anyone know if you can downgrade a PNA from A.06.01.05 to A.03.53?</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><!-- Converted from text/rtf format --><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Strange request I know. I posted this already on the Agilent PNA forum but thought I ask the VRF'er. Long story short we mothballed a old test stand,and returned the rental PNA. Now they want to resurrect the test stand for a short production run. In doing so we "upgraded" the PNA from an older rental unit with WinXP and firmware version A.03.53 to an new rental unit with WinXP and version A.06.01.05. We are now finding a lot of software/firmware incompatabilities with the VEE program written by a contractor to run the test stand. Our options are to spend who know how long debugging/re-writing the software to play with the new firmware OR to downgrade the PNA firmware to the same version the older PNA used so that it will play with the old software. I realize that we would be losing some nice features in the PNA, but this is a developed test stand and we don't need it to do anything that it didn't already do. So, does anybody know the answer?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Steve Estrin</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Sr. Test Engineer</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">M/A-COM San Jose</FONT></P><BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to<BR>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes