AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf using HP E2071D/82341D with Windows 2000

Question asked by warren.pickles on Nov 12, 2003
Jay,
That's not how I remember it; the change was permanent and survived reboots.
But you seem to know a lot about it, so I defer to you.
Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes [mailto:jay.johannes@completetest.com]
Sent: 12 November 2003 15:47
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Re: using HP E2071D/82341D with Windows 2000


83241C has dip switches that set the interrupt req line.  Those are the
ones IO config uses at startup.  When you changed it in the device
manager, it would only affect things until the next boot.

Jay Nemeth-Johannes
Complete Test
720 SW 14th Street
Loveland, Colorado 80537

www.completetest.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pickles, Warren [mailto:Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 8:35 AM
> To: VRF
> Subject: [vrf] Re: using HP E2071D/82341D with Windows 2000
>
> I don't know about the 82341D, but ...
> About a year ago I had problems getting the 82341C ISA GPIB card to
work
> in
> Windows 2000.  I solved it by changing the interrupt request, but I
> couldn't
> do that via the IO Config; I had to go into Device Manager which you
get
> to
> from My Computer, right-click, Properties, Hardware tab.  Then you
find
> the
> entry for your interface, double click, and click the Resouces tab.
Then
> it's easy.  But I had to be logged on with admin privilege, and I had
to
> restart each time I changed the setting.
> Maybe a similar exercise works for the 82341D.  It's time consuming
> though,
> due to the reboots.
> Regards,
> Warren
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jay Nemeth-Johannes [mailto:jay.johannes@completetest.com]
> Sent: 12 November 2003 15:13
> To: VRF
> Subject: [vrf] Re: using HP E2071D/82341D with Windows 2000
>
>
> The 82341D was an ISA plug&play card.  Unfortunately, it never
performed
> up to specifications and Agilent dropped it after the 82350 came out
in
> 1999.  That puts it at the end of its support life and I believe the
> latest IO releases no longer formally support the card.
>
> A lot of work was done when the card came out to try and make it work
> reliably with NT.  Since NT wasn't a plug&play os, it couldn't be made
> to bind reliably and so it was never formally supported on NT.
>
> When 2000 came out, using the WDM model, we had a lot of trouble
getting
> the card to bind to the IO system properly and dropped it at that
point.
>
> The problem is that the 82341D doesn't have switches for IO memory
> mapping, or for interrupt line.  Therefore the p&p system does the
> mapping.  Unfortunately tyhere are a lot of ISA cards that can fool
the
> Plug&play BIOS and therefore cause the card to be bound where there is
a
> memory or interrupt line conflict.  Problems are usually solved after
> much grief by changing the address and/or interrupt line on some other
> non-p&p ISA card.
>
> Jay Nemeth-Johannes
> Complete Test
> 720 SW 14th Street
> Loveland, Colorado 80537
>
> www.completetest.com
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: barrie birmingham [mailto:b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk]
> > Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 1:58 AM
> > To: VRF
> > Subject: [vrf] Re: using HP E2071D/82341D with Windows 2000
> >
> > Not sure about Windows 2000 but I can confirm the 82341D works fine
> (for
> > me!) on Win98SE and Windows XP with IO library versions K and L - so
I
> > would have thought it should work OK
> >
> > In Version L make sure the address is set to HPIB7 in IO Config not
> the
> > default
> > (I forget what it was) or it installs OK but Vee cannot see it...
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Has anyone have success in using HP E2071D/82341D ISA GPIB cards
> with
> > > Windows 2000?  I cannot get it to work with the latest version of
> the
> > > Agilent IO library running Windows 2000.  I know the card works
fine
> > > using Windows NT.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Wai-Ling Wong
> >
> > Barrie Birmingham
> > b.birmingham@newi.ac.uk
> >
> >
> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to vrf as: jayj@ventureconsult.com
> > To subscribe send a blank email to
"join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> > To unsubscribe send a blank email to
> "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> > To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".
> > If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-
> > vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
>
>
>
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to vrf as:
Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com
> To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
"leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".
> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
> "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to vrf as: jayj@ventureconsult.com
> To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> To unsubscribe send a blank email to
"leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
> To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".
> If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-
> vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".




---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Warren.Pickles@tycoelectronics.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com
To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com". 
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".

Outcomes