AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf XML in VEE

Question asked by matthias.franke on Jan 25, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1276" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=113370815-26012004>Over the past two years I have developed a test program which has grown to over 3Mbyte in size and there are many tens of user objects and user functions in it.  Of late I have had the odd instance of the dreaded red 'corrupted file' screen occurring during operation of the .vxe.  I have found on investigation that a small user function written long ago now has a strange behaviour.  Some functions within it have missing connections at their input, yet they continue to work!  Also the main output of the user function cannot be deleted without the corrupted file' screen coming up.  Looking back through earlier versions it appears to have crept in about 6 versions ago without any warning that I can recollect.  I have deleted the user function and copied in a new version.  For the moment I believe all is well, though time will tell as the corrupted version worked OK 99% of the time anyway.</SPAN></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=113370815-26012004></SPAN></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><SPAN class=113370815-26012004>My question is, how can I be sure that there aren't other nasties like this buried somewhere in my program?  Has anyone similar stories to tell?  What could I do differently to make sure corruptions don't take place or at least are spotted as soon as they do occur?</SPAN></FONT></DIV><P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Ivan Edwards</FONT> </P><P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Senior Engineer,</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>InfraRed Integrated Systems Ltd.,</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Towcester Mill,</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Towcester,</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Northants (UK).</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>NN12 6AD.</FONT> </P><P><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Tel:   +44 (0)1327 357824</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Fax:   +44 (0)1327 357825</FONT> <BR><FONT face="Courier New" size=2>Website: www.irisys.co.uk</FONT> <BR></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Send your favorite VEE example to "VRF-EXAMPLES@agilent.com" for possible inclusion in VEE 7.0!</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes