AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf instrument reset

Question asked by jay.johannes on Feb 9, 2004
<html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" xmlns:st1="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><meta name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}</style><![endif]--><title>instrument reset</title><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="PostalCode"/><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="State"/><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="City"/><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="place"/><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="Street"/><o:SmartTagType namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" name="address"/><!--[if !mso]><style>st1:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }</style><![endif]--><style><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face     {font-family:Tahoma;     panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal     {margin:0in;     margin-bottom:.0001pt;     font-size:12.0pt;     font-family:"Times New Roman";}a:link, span.MsoHyperlink     {color:blue;     text-decoration:underline;}a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed     {color:purple;     text-decoration:underline;}p     {mso-margin-top-alt:auto;     margin-right:0in;     mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;     margin-left:0in;     font-size:12.0pt;     font-family:"Times New Roman";}span.EmailStyle18     {mso-style-type:personal-reply;     font-family:Arial;     color:navy;}@page Section1     {size:8.5in 11.0in;     margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}div.Section1     {page:Section1;}--></style></head><body lang=EN-US link=blue vlink=purple><div class=Section1><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Your code has an 8 second delay at the endof the loop.  I believe you are also saying that if you get through thefirst time, it runs ok.  Short answer” Try putting the 8 seconddelay at the front of the loop, so it executes the first time as well.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Long answer:  You have a number ofcards in this loop, both register and message based.  In either case,there is a lot of stuff going on in the background.  It takes some time tobind drivers and to get through internal self tests.  If yiou are runningthis program immediately after powering on, you may beat the time it takes toget through all this.  In my experience, cards are not ready when thesysfail light goes out.  You need to wait until every instrument hascompleted self test as well.  <o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>One that does strike me as strange is thatyou reset the 1406 in the middle of the sequence and then reset the E1463immediately after.  The E1463 is a register based card, and its messagebased code is contained in the 1406.  Either move the 1463 up in thesequence or put a delay after the 1406 reset.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p><div><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Jay Nemeth-Johannes</span></font><fontcolor=navy><span style='color:navy'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Complete Test</span></font><fontcolor=navy><span style='color:navy'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on"><font size=2  color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;  color:navy'>720 SW 14th Street</span></font></st1:address></st1:Street><fontcolor=navy><span style='color:navy'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on"><font size=2  color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;  color:navy'>Loveland</span></font></st1:City><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>, <st1:State w:st="on">Colorado</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">80537</st1:PostalCode></span></font></st1:place><fontcolor=navy><span style='color:navy'><o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=3 color=navy face="Times New Roman"><spanstyle='font-size:12.0pt;color:navy'> <o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=MsoNormal><font size=2 color=navy face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>www.completetest.com</span></font><o:p></o:p></p></div><div style='border:none;border-left:solid blue 1.5pt;padding:0in 0in 0in 4.0pt'><div><div class=MsoNormal align=center style='text-align:center'><font size=3face="Times New Roman"><span style='font-size:12.0pt'><hr size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1></span></font></div><p class=MsoNormal><b><font size=2 face=Tahoma><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:</span></font></b><font size=2face=Tahoma><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> Ross Bledsoe[mailto:RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com]
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Tuesday, February 10, 20046:40 AM
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> VRF
<b><span style='font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> [vrf] instrument reset</span></font><o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=MsoNormal><font size=3 face="Times New Roman"><span style='font-size:12.0pt'><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p><p><font size=3 face=Arial><span style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Hello,</span></font>
<font face=Arial><span style='font-family:Arial'>I use the attached function toreset the instruments in my test each time the test station is poweredon.  Occasionally, more times than not, one of the instruments in my VXIrack does not come on line the first time through the loop.  When I do awarm boot on the 1406 controller I can see the instruments go remote.  Theproblem is that the first time through the loop if an error pin is activated itdoes not deactivate unless I stop the program and restart.  How can I"deactivate" or reset the direct i/o object, specifically the erroroutput pin, when I am in a loop ?</span></font><o:p></o:p></p><p><font size=3 face=Arial><span style='font-size:12.0pt;font-family:Arial'>Thanksin advance,</span></font>
<font face=Arial><span style='font-family:Arial'>Ross</span></font> <o:p></o:p></p><p><font size=2 color=black face=Arial><span style='font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:black'>||reset.vee>> </span></font><o:p></o:p></p></div></div>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Send your favorite VEE example to "VRF-EXAMPLES@agilent.com" for possible inclusion in VEE 7.0!</BODY></html>  

Outcomes