AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf From String errors in Date Format

Question asked by lbill on Feb 12, 2004
<html><body><p>Hi VRF -

A couple days ago someone posted about hitting errors when using a From String object to read in using a Time/Date.

I just remembered what I did to eliminate many of those conversions from my application, and the resulting errors.
Instead of using a Text Constant to get the date string and then convert it to a Date (real) using a From String object, I changed to using a Real Constant and set the number format to Time Stamp.  This has some other benifits in that I can enter dates as 13/Feb/2004 or 2/13/2004 and the date is reformatted and displayed immediately.

lBill

---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>Send your favorite VEE example to "VRF-EXAMPLES@agilent.com" for possible inclusion in VEE 7.0!</BODY></html>  

Outcomes