AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Strange Marker behaviour

Question asked by corey.wills on Apr 5, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.92"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] Strange Marker behaviour</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>This sounds like a bug that caused me problems on many occasions.  If I remember correctly, the problem comes from having an XY Trace or stripchart with different marker locations on the detail view and the panel view.  I think it existed in VEE 5.X and 6.0...don't recall if 4.X had it.  I believe Agilent fixed it in the 6.1 release, although I didn't buy that version because of the licensing changes.  I bought VEE 6.2 and have not seen the problem since...Many thanks Agilent for fixing this and switching to the new licensing agreement!</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>If you are working on a project where you only need detail views, eliminating the panel should fix it.  But if you need panel views I don't know if there is a workaround other than upgrading.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Corey Wills</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>BNSF Railway</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: GHilton@southampton.oilfield.slb.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>[<A HREF="mailto:GHilton@southampton.oilfield.slb.com">mailto:GHilton@southampton.oilfield.slb.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 8:58 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: [vrf] Strange Marker behaviour</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi All,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I'm seeing some very odd behaviour of Markers on an XY Trace.  I'll </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>explain the application first, then the weirdness of the markers.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I load 25000 points into the Trace and then manually zoom into an area </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>of interest.  I then place a marker at the beginning of this area.  The </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>rest of the program uses this as a 'start-point' to make some calculations.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>What goes wrong is that when I drag the marker to the right place, it </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>does not stay there!  I know I am dragging and dropping it onto an </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>actual data point because I can see the 'X' on the data point.  Even </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>with interpolate turned on it just disappears off to the next nearest </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>point with the same y-value.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>What twists this even further is the following.  If I use a smaller </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>array of 250 points, then all is OK!!  Unfortunately I can't use any </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>less than 25000 otherwise I might miss my area of interest.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Has anyone else seen this, and how did you overcome it?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Graeme Hilton</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>R&D Engineer</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Schlumberger Sensa</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: Corey.Wills@bnsf.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes