AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Weird data flow

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 7, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45"><TITLE>Re: [vrf] Weird data flow</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>If the scope is not responding, you should get a timout error from VEE.  If your direct I/O object has many transcactions, you may want to split it into two direct I/O objects and try to isolate which transaction is causing the wait by moving transactions from one object to the other.  Using the Bus I/O Monitor (as already suggested), you should be able to find why this is happening.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Have you considered to replace the direct I/O object with a new one (reconstructed from scratch)?</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>De: Ron Pratt [<A HREF="mailto:RPratt@symmetricom.com">mailto:RPratt@symmetricom.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Date: 7 juin 2004 13:48</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>A couple of things to look out for with the scope.  Make sure that the</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>preamble is set to be either always on or always off.  If you are requesting</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>a measurement like freq, pulsewidth etc, make sure that you have a valid</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>waveform. Check the trigger status to make sure that the scope is being</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>triggered. </FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: MORRISON,SCOTT (A-Sonoma,ex1) [<A HREF="mailto:scott_morrison@agilent.com">mailto:scott_morrison@agilent.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 9:37 AM</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I'd also suggest that the instrument's output data format matches that of</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>what your prog is expecting.  If the prog was written while the data output</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>was type 'A', but the instrument defaults to type 'B' you can have problems</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>if the output type is not set by the prog....</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: BISCHOF,STAN (a-sonoma,unix1) </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Monday, June 07, 2004 8:36 AM</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Maria Sanchez-Bordona |msbordona@cenita.com> wrote:</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > Turn on "show execution flow" (the green "dumbell" on the toolbar) and</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > see if you can identify the last object that fired before it hangs. Some</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > the user interface elements do this by design, but it sounds like you</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > might have a configuration problem. Are the instruments receiving the</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> > commands you send?</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> It hangs reading a measure from the oscilloscope but the thing is, I</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> haven't changed that object and it worked two days ago!.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>In that case first thing I would check is the hardware. reboot the scope,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>make sure that the GPIB bus is cleared. Manually perform the measurement</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>you are making</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Then if that doesn't work turn on the bus monitor</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>and make sure that the commands you are sending and receiving are</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>correct. Something may have changed without you realizing it.</FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes