AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Streaming Serial Data Capture

Question asked by VRFuser on May 11, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] Re: Streaming Serial Data Capture</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Greg:</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Are you sure your company firewall isn't grabbing the attachment?</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Or whatever your using to read your mail?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>The hlp files are stripped here directly from exchange server.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>This is a rule that was set for the anti-virus.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Shawn:</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> NO WAY! Good god - this insanity must end! I know .hlp files can contain</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> macros, but geez louise - they can't do any damage.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I can't argue with you...</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>De: Shawn Fessenden [<A HREF="mailto:shawn@testech-ltd.com">mailto:shawn@testech-ltd.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Date: 7 mai 2004 01:57</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>> the .HLP file was collected by Outlook because</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> it thought that was a potentially unsafe file.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>NO WAY! Good god - this insanity must end! I know .hlp files can contain</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>macros, but geez louise - they can't do any damage.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ok, I'm officially placing an item on my "Things To Do Real Soon Now"</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>agenda: find a way around all this crazy Outlook carpola. Even if it has to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>be a blessed binary patch then so be it. This has gone way, WAY too far.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>In the mean time (because RSN never seems to come), for all of those out</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>there who use Outlook to have VEE email reports and notifications to you, I</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>found a nifty little utility to get around that annoying "Another program is</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>trying to send mail..." warning. It's called Express ClickYes and it's free.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>It can be found at:</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2><A HREF="http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html" TARGET="_blank">http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html</A></FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Way to go Express Soft. I will be including ECY support in everything I do</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>with mail from now on.</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>De: Gregg C Levine [<A HREF="mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net">mailto:hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Date: 6 mai 2004 15:55</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Are you sure your company firewall isn't grabbing the attachment? Or</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>whatever your using to read your mail? As it happens with me, I</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>received all versions, the .HLP file was collected by Outlook because</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>it thought that was a potentially unsafe file. It wasn't but I suspect</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>that was an example of Microsoft stupidity at work. </FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Beliveau, Bruno [<A HREF="mailto:BrunoBeliveau@solectron.com">mailto:BrunoBeliveau@solectron.com</A>] </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 8:34 AM</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>In both versions here, the file SERCOMM.HLP was stripped. The rest</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>came thru OK. </FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Message d'origine----- </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>De: Analysetechnik@t-online.de [<A HREF="mailto:Analysetechnik@t-online.de">mailto:Analysetechnik@t-online.de</A>] </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Date: 6 mai 2004 08:11 </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>here it is! </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Because some servers block *.zip and others *.vee files I'll send</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>both </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>versions. </FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes