AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VEE filenames...?

Question asked by alexander.poulikakos on May 3, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"><TITLE>Re: [vrf] VEE filenames...?</TITLE><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY><DIV><SPAN class=206542907-03052004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Thanks, but it didn't help....</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Beliveau, Bruno   [mailto:BrunoBeliveau@solectron.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> den 29 april 2004   16:18<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Cc:</B> Alexander Poulikakos   (KI/EAB)<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Re: VEE filenames...?<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <P><FONT size=2>I am not sure it has a common cause, but we had a subject   about 8.3 filenames a year ago.  Here is a post from Georg Nied.    Hope this will help.</FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>-----Message d'origine-----</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>De: Chule   Walker [<A href="mailto:CWalker@rfmd.com">mailto:CWalker@rfmd.com</A>]</FONT>   <BR><FONT size=2>Date: 29 avril 2004 09:27</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>I've got this problem too on one of my machines but if I open   Vee first and then File>Open or click the Open icon and browse to the file,   the whole name appears.  I remember uninstalling 6.01 before installing   6.2 so maybe that has something to do with it?  7.0 shows the full name   but I have not installed it on the box with the problem.  </FONT></P><BR>  <P><FONT size=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>From:   Alexander Poulikakos (KI/EAB) [<A   href="mailto:alexander.poulikakos@ericsson.com">mailto:alexander.poulikakos@ericsson.com</A>]</FONT>   <BR><FONT size=2>Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 3:28 AM</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>In the upper left corner of each VEE window there is the   filename stated, for an example</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>if the filename is   "anyname.lib" the upper left corner says: "VEE Pro - anyname.lib".</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>But when I have a filename that is longer than 8 characters,   let's say: "utility_common.lib", the upper left corner it says: "VEE Pro -   UTILIT~3.LIB".</FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>I find this very annoying, especially when I have several   files starting with the</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>same 6 characters.</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>I use VEE 6.03 on a Windows 2000 PC, my colleague who has the   same kind of setup</FONT> <BR><FONT size=2>does NOT have this problem with   filenames longer than 8 characters. </FONT></P>  <P><FONT size=2>I assume it's some sort of settings that needs to be done in   the OS, does anyone </FONT><BR><FONT size=2>knows where this can be   set????</FONT> </P>  <P><FONT size=2>Or can it have anything to do with if you install/uninstall   different VEE versions and something in the registry gets korrupted?</FONT></P>  <P><FONT face=Arial color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </P></BLOCKQUOTE>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes