AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Access to serial port

Question asked by kathy_wright_ca on Jul 29, 2004
<DIV>Without more specifics, it's hard to tell.  But in general, checking all the serial port settings (stop bits, parity, baud rate, flow control) needs to be exactly the same  (that's the nice thing about this standard -- there are so many of them!).  </DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>Next, I get this same error when I am trying to talk to something that isn't ready to hear it, like right after a power on.  Perhaps you are trying to hear something before it's being sent?  Might try waiting a bit, then asking for the data .  The data shouldn't get lost since it will be stored in the buffer.</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>-- Kathy Wright</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV>endwave corporation</DIV><DIV> </DIV><DIV><BR><B><I>Martin.Alles@hno.atmel.com</I></B> wrote:</DIV><BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">Hello all,<BR><BR>a colleague has some problems using the serial interface, please find the<BR>description of what happens below. Has anyone a solution to this? The<BR>time-out is not active, the error occurs directly. We actually use VEE Pro<BR>7, however, the error also occured in Vee 6.<BR>Best regards,<BR><BR>Martin<BR><BR>> VEE seems to have difficulties in addressing the serial interface. So an<BR>> error message like this happens the first time when using the serial<BR>> interface. But then it works all right for reading 16 bytes @115000Bd.<BR>> <BR>> Unfortunatelly we have to capture 36 bytes. With this setting, this error<BR>> message occures every time at once, so it isn't a timeout.<BR>> <BR>> This problem also happens with version 7.0<BR>> <BR>> <BR>> . |<ERR_MSG_VEE.GIF>> <BR>> <BR><BR><BR>> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif name=err_msg_vee.gif<BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: kathy_wright_ca@yahoo.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR></BLOCKQUOTE>---You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.comTo subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  

Outcomes