AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Fw: PDA and install files

Question asked by VRFuser on Jul 5, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2722.900" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><SPAN class=164560615-06072004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>LabView will do this. Check it out.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV> </DIV><P><FONT size=2>Jeff Davis<BR>Lead Software Test Engineer<BR>CDI Engineering Solutions Aerospace Technologies<BR>Embedded Systems and Electronics<BR>3137 E Elwood # 160<BR>Phoenix, Arizona 85034<BR>Phone: (602)431-4497 (x226)<BR>Cell: (480)330-1431<BR>Fax: (602)431-4435<BR></FONT></P><BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid">  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma   size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> Ashley Derrick   [mailto:ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 06,   2004 12:09 AM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Fw: PDA and install   files<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi everyone - got an unusually weak response on   this one.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>But thanks <SPAN class=125165711-29062004><FONT   face=Arial><FONT size=+0><FONT size=2><SPAN class=421300412-29062004>James   Arathoon for your reply one the first   question</SPAN></FONT></FONT></FONT></SPAN></FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Anyone got any ideas.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>many thanks,</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ashley.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV style="FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message -----   <DIV style="BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A   title=ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk   href="mailto:ashley@smartsolutions.karoo.co.uk">Ashley Derrick</A> </DIV>  <DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=vrf@agilent.com href="mailto:vrf@agilent.com">vrf</A>   </DIV>  <DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, June 29, 2004 3:08 AM</DIV>  <DIV><B>Subject:</B> PDA and install files</DIV></DIV>  <DIV><BR></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I usually use Vee to communicate with our   Microchip PIC modules and present downloaded data from our test rigs via RS232   (or USB with Prolific converter) and store / retrieve with MS   Excel.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>1) Some customers are asking to use a PDA for   this but VEE is not available for PDA, to my knowledge. Any suggestions what I   can use to download Rs232 data and display onscreen using the equivalent to   'VEE alphanumeric panels'. Also it would be useful to store into Excel.What is   is the best PDA to use?</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>2) Regarding VEE Runtime and IO libraries   installation and configuration of COM1 port (vee.io file). Is there any way of   providing the customer with a self extracting file  to automate   this? I am sure this has been dealt with before but I am not sure about the   best package to do it with.</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am using VEE 5.01, which to be honest is   perfectly capable of doing all I require, as I don't really need the   sophistication of MATLAB (Yet!!)</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ashley</FONT></DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>  <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>---<BR>You are currently   subscribed to vrf as: jeff.davis@cdi-es.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email   to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to   "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,   email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a   message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".   <BR>______________________________________________________________________<BR>This   email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.<BR>For more   information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email   <BR>______________________________________________________________________<BR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>______________________________________________________________________<BR>This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.<BR>For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email <BR>______________________________________________________________________<BR>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes