AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf PDA and install files

Question asked by ashley on Jun 28, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I usually use Vee to communicate with our Microchip PIC modules and present downloaded data from our test rigs via RS232 (or USB with Prolific converter) and store / retrieve with MS Excel.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>1) Some customers are asking to use a PDA for this but VEE is not available for PDA, to my knowledge. Any suggestions what I can use to download Rs232 data and display onscreen using the equivalent to 'VEE alphanumeric panels'. Also it would be useful to store into Excel.What is is the best PDA to use?</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>2) Regarding VEE Runtime and IO libraries installation and configuration of COM1 port (vee.io file). Is there any way of providing the customer with a self extracting file  to automate this? I am sure this has been dealt with before but I am not sure about the best package to do it with.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I am using VEE 5.01, which to be honest is perfectly capable of doing all I require, as I don't really need the sophistication of MATLAB (Yet!!)</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Ashley</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT> </DIV>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes