AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf HP 8546A EMI Receiver Question

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 16, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.0.6556.0"><TITLE>HP 8546A EMI Receiver Question</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><!-- Converted from text/rtf format --><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Has anyone worked with saving and recalling instrument states on the EMI Receiver?  I</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"> <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">can save the instrument state with no problem.  When I try to send the state back to the receiver I get an</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"> <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">“</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">Invalid State Data</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">”</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> message</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"> <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">and SRQ 140 (Illegal instrument command was used)</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"> <FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">on the receiver</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial">.  I have tried many different combinations of saving and sending back</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"><FONT SIZE=2 FACE="Arial"> the state info.  Attached is my latest try.  It saves the state data to a text file and then recalls it from that file and sends it back to the receiver, but the receiver gives me the Invalid State Data message and SRQ 140.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.</FONT></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en"></SPAN><A NAME=""><SPAN LANG="en"><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman">Thanks,</FONT></SPAN></A></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en"><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman">James Hetrick</FONT></SPAN></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en"><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman">EMC Engineering Technician/Software Developer</FONT></SPAN></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en"><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman">CSE Test Center</FONT></SPAN></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en"><FONT COLOR="#000000" FACE="Times New Roman">(330) 306-1166</FONT></SPAN></P><P ALIGN=LEFT><SPAN LANG="en-us"></SPAN></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML><table><tr><td bgcolor=#ffffff><font color=#000000>****************************************************************************************Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.****************************************************************************************</font></td></tr></table>  

Outcomes