AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Time delay problem

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 22, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2"><META content="MSHTML 6.00.2800.1458" name=GENERATOR><STYLE></STYLE></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I'm assuming you want to trigger the start  pattern based upon the state of "something" else and you need immediate trigger, or at least a well define time to start such that it can be anticipated.  The problem you describe is the pattern starts within a given time window and varies by too much to be useful.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Hmmm, I think most of the variance is from the PC, hence you will probably need to trigger even from a synchronous source or asynchronous.  If synchronous, with a given clock you will need to line up everything and control what everything does at each clock cycle, and if a device needs to wait on the pattern, then that will have to be configured some how with control of action, sounds problematic.  If asynchronous, then the same type of wait state will need to be defined based upon the triggering event.  I still think you will probably need a time keeper, even though the trigger is asynchronous.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Else, you'll simply need a way for the activities to wait for the "guest of honor", the pattern generated.  I'm not sure I'm the guy to fix this one, cause I would probably have built in an event manager.  That is an object that knows the state of the machine in order to select events and control timing.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>If you'll looking at RF, you might need to re-evaluate your measurement method, maybe send a constant pattern to start of measurements,  then "do something" in order to get the data you want while everything is running.  In other words, do something that can be ignored until all instrumentation is on-line.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Bottom line, everything should not care about what VEE and the PC is doing, even to data collection and instrument start-ups.</FONT></SPAN></DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV><DIV dir=ltr align=left><SPAN class=079562813-23082004><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>Rufus</FONT></SPAN></DIV><BR><DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><HR tabIndex=-1><FONT face=Tahoma size=2><B>From:</B> Zafer SAVA [mailto:zsavas@aselsan.com.tr] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday, August 23, 2004 1:15 AM<BR><B>To:</B> VRF<BR><B>Subject:</B> [vrf] Time delay problem<BR></FONT><BR></DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi VRF!<BR>I'm currently developing a VEE program which is to control a pattern generator. <BR>My problem is the time delay between hitting the "Start generating" button in VEE and the time, the device starts generating the pattern. This causes a problem as it used for controlling an another device. Unfortunately this time is variant and not the same at all times.<BR>I thought, externaly triggering the device for the start problem would be a solution but i still come across the variant time (time difference between triggering the device and the time the device starts generating)<BR>Has someone ever experienced this time delay problem with Agilent 167XG Logic Analyzers which has pattern generation feature?<BR>I will be so glad if someone has an explanation for this problem.<BR>Thx & good luck.<BR></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2> </DIV></FONT><DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Zafer SAVAS<BR>Microwave & System Technologies Division<BR>Aselsan Inc./ TURKEY</FONT></DIV><P><HR><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>Dikkat:</FONT></STRONG><P></P><P>Bu elektronik posta mesaji kisisel ve zeldir. Eger size gonderilmediyse lutfen gondericiyi bilgilendirip mesaji siliniz. Firmamiza gelen ve giden mesajlar virus taramasindan gecirilmekte, guvenlik nedeni ile kontrol edilerek saklanmaktadir. Mesajdaki gorusler ve bakis acisi gondericiye ait olup Aselsan A.S. resmi gorusu olmak zorunda degildir.</P><FONT color=#ff0000><STRONG><HR></STRONG></FONT><STRONG><FONT color=#ff0000>Attention: </FONT></STRONG><P>This e-mail message is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.</P><HR><P></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rwarren@amti.net<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com". <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes