AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf VEE Pro and NI VI's and Measurement Computing USB d

Question asked by WDrago on Nov 4, 2004
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2654.45"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] RE: VEE Pro and NI VI's and Measurement Computing USB devic es</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Jim,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I have had excellent results with VEE and the USB</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>products from Measurement Computing as well.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>And, if you happen to need it, their tech support is outstanding.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-Bill</FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>> -----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> From: Carnahan, Lyle [<A HREF="mailto:carnahal@tycoelectronics.com">mailto:carnahal@tycoelectronics.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 5:07 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Subject: [vrf] RE: VEE Pro and NI VI's and Measurement Computing USB</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> devic es</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Jim,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Controlling the USB modules from Measurement Computing is </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> fairly easy. I</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> have been using the PMD-1024LS digital I/O modules and had my </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> code running</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> in less than an hour. I talk directly to the DLL that is provided</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> (cbw32.dll) and used the online documentation provided with </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> the module. I</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> have included the header file to be used to import the DLL so </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> you can start</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> programming the module.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Hope it helps.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Lyle Carnahan</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Aerospace and Defense Business Unit</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> M/A-COM  Inc.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> 1011 Pawtucket Boulevard</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Lowell, MA  01853-3295</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Phone: (978) 442-4504</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Fax:   (978) 442-4520</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> carnahal@tycoelectronics.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> -----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> From: mcclymer@maine.edu [<A HREF="mailto:mcclymer@maine.edu">mailto:mcclymer@maine.edu</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 4:55 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> To: VRF</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Subject: [vrf] VEE Pro and NI VI's and Measurement Computing </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> USB devices</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Hello,</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>>  I have just upgraded to Vee 7 and have not yet tried to use </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> device drivers </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> written for NI. </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> Is it straightforward to use these with VEE or am I better </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> off making sure a</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> VEE </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> driver exists.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> I am interested in using VEE to control a USB DAQ module </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>> <A HREF="http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/cbiproduct_new" TARGET="_blank">http://www.measurementcomputing.com/cbicatalog/cbiproduct_new</A>.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>asp?dept_id</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>=352&pf_id=1535</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Any insights welcomed!</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Jim</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>---</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: carnahal@tycoelectronics.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes