AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ver4.0 or ver5.0?

Question asked by VRFuser on Jun 8, 1999
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type><META content='"MSHTML 4.72.2201.0"' name=GENERATOR></HEAD><BODY bgColor=#ffffff><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Ash:</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3>1. About activeX. It gives you the power to use and control other MS applications being inside vee. e.g. we write results of a test in an excel workbook file (also possible in 4.0) and then print a chosen range of these results (in excel) out to a printer (not possible in 4.0). We save this xls file in an archive, etc etc. Everything without leaving vee. Not simple but very powerful.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3>We load to vee a lot of data out of calculations made in excel and then run differnet tests.</FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial><BR></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3>We have found that it works better (very stable) and much faster than OLE. </FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>2. There are other benefits (I cant remeber really how 4.0 was) like multiple equations in one formula object, "go to detail view" which enables you to jump directly from the panel object to the same object in main view, a bit faster, , etc. These alone will improve your life quality and the company will get faster and better looking results.</FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>Be carefull to get the 5.01 because the 5.00 has a few very nasty bugs.</FONT></FONT></DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial></FONT></FONT> </DIV><DIV><FONT size=3><FONT face=Arial>David J ( <A href="mailto:testardj@inter.net.il">testardj@inter.net.il</A> )<BR></FONT></FONT><FONT face=Arial size=2></DIV><BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"></FONT>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Which is better 4.0 or 5.0?</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>what are the benefits of     activeX?</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Is it worth it?</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I've just started to learn on 4.0 should I     get my company to 5.0?</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>If I do need to get 5.0, please give me some     **** hot reason why to justify the cost.</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I work in instrumentation and  control     ind.</FONT></DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT> </DIV>    <DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>thanks ash</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes