AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf Plug n Play driver problem/question

Question asked by VRFuser on Aug 24, 2006
Hi Tom and others,

I am solving the same problem now. VEE is 7.03/IOLibs 14.2 on W2k machine. Direct I/O (SCPI) operates correctly, Connection Expert as well but not PnP. The problem is not specific to a single driver. On a different machine (the same VEE config, WXP) PnP drivers operate correctly. I suspect some update patch. 

Regards,
Frantisek

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Frantisek Hejsek

CMI

------------------------------------------------------------------

_____  

Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:12 PM
To: VRF
Subject: [vrf] Plug n Play driver problem/question

I am trying to control an HP E4405 spectrum analyzer using VEE 7.0. I can talk to it using standard commands but my boss wants me to use the HPESA plug and play driver.

I haven’t used PnP drivers for 10+ years under VEE so I am a bit rusty.  The instrument manager shows the HPESA driver under the Advanced Instruments Properties tab and shows what appears to be the correct address “GPIB8::18::INSTR†  Once again, I can talk to the instrument using 818, so the communications hardware is working..

I have Instrument Manager generate a PnP control box, but any command I put in there gives me a error 816 when it tries to make the init call.  It says there are no matching resources found. 

I tried the simplest command, namely hpesa_reset(instrHandle).  This has me asking the question, do I need to set up instrHandle in the instrument manager?  If so, where do I get the handle to put in there?

Thanks.

Tom Houston

---
You are currently subscribed to vrf as: fhejsek@cmi.cz
To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".

---

To subscribe please send an email to: "vrf-request@lists.it.agilent.com" with the word subscribe in the message body.
To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
To send messages to this mailing list, email "vrf@agilent.com".
If you need help with the mailing list send a message to
"owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".
Search the "unofficial vrf archive" at "www.oswegosw.com/vrf_archive/".  

Outcomes