AnsweredAssumed Answered

vrf FW: Excel formula variable

Question asked by VRFuser on Oct 3, 2003
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2653.12"><TITLE>RE: [vrf] FW: Excel formula variable</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks for the help !  It appears that the only thing I did wrong was to pass a text variable with quotes around the variable</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>passing "c: ook1.xls" will not work if passed as a text variable but c: ook1.xls does work.  Then why do I need quotes around the file name inside the formula ?  Are the quotation marks implied by the text constant ?</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Ross</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: rahul_bheemidi@agilent.com [<A HREF="mailto:rahul_bheemidi@agilent.com">mailto:rahul_bheemidi@agilent.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 11:26 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com; vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: RE: [vrf] FW: Excel formula variable</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Please see the attached program.  I works on my end.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Regards,</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Rahul Bheemidi</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Agilent Technologies</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>  </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2> </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Ross Bledsoe [<A HREF="mailto:RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com">mailto:RBLEDSOE@Coinco.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Friday, October 03, 2003 9:16 AM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: VEE vrf</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: [vrf] FW: Excel formula variable</FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Sending again because I haven't got a reply and I'm not sure the e-mail even went out </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Ross </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message----- </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From:   Ross Bledsoe </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent:   Thursday, October 02, 2003 1:33 PM </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To:     'vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com' </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject:        Excel formula variable </FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>I am trying to send a variable to an excel formula but I am having trouble with the correct syntax.  If I use a file name in place of the variable "a" the function works.  Sending the variable to the formula as I have it gives an error.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks in advance </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Ross </FONT></P><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>||excel_open.vee>> </FONT></P>---<BR>You are currently subscribed to vrf as: rsb@soco.agilent.com<BR>To subscribe send a blank email to "join-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To unsubscribe send a blank email to "leave-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".<BR>To send messages to this mailing list,  email "vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".  <BR>If you need help with the mailing list send a message to "owner-vrf@it.lists.it.agilent.com".</BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes