AnsweredAssumed Answered

Vrf Digest V1 237

Question asked by VRFuser on Sep 8, 1999
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN"><HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.2448.0"><TITLE>RE: Vrf Digest V1 #237</TITLE></HEAD><BODY><P><FONT SIZE=2>I believe I've weeded a question out of all this mess.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Use Direct I/O Read and Write transactions to access the serial port.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Go to I/O instrument manager, pick the serial port you desire and click direct I/O. Then place transactions in it to read and write.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Are you protocol testing?</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Timeouts are something else. </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Don't use the timeout control pin on the fly.</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Instead, build your own timeout with Interface event (DAV)set to no wait, an until break and a timer.</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>-----Original Message-----</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: owner-vrf-digest@hplvlrx.lvld.hp.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>[<A HREF="mailto:owner-vrf-digest@hplvlrx.lvld.hp.com">mailto:owner-vrf-digest@hplvlrx.lvld.hp.com</A>]</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 1999 12:22 PM</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>To: vrf-digest@hplvlrx.lvld.hp.com</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: Vrf Digest V1 #237</FONT></P><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>Vrf Digest         Tuesday, September 7 1999         Volume 01 : Number 237</FONT></P><BR><BR><BR><P><FONT SIZE=2>----------------------------------------------------------------------</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 10:18:24 -0700</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>From: Cynthia Uesato |cynthia_uesato@sj.hp.com></FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Subject: vrf RS232 programming</FONT></P><P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi,  </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>I'll be testing a chip that has a serial IO interface similar to the</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>RS232 interface.   I'd like to get some help on how to use VEE to talk</FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>to the chip.  Can somebody give me a pointer on where to start?? </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>Thanks.  </FONT><BR><FONT SIZE=2>- -Cynthia</FONT></P></BODY></HTML>  

Outcomes